[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I hope I die before I get old What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>I hope I die before I get old
What did he mean by this?
>>
He wanted to die before he got old.
>>
>>66200778
This has to be the most relatable fucking line in any song ever.
>>
His hope was to die before he reached old age.
>>
I think he meant that we wanted to die before he became old
>>
Probably that he didn't want to be an old man, he would rather die before that.
>>
Probably that before he had reached an age he deemed "too old" that his body would expire
>>
His aspiration was to perish before he became elderly.
>>
>>66200778
He didn't even write that
>>
>>66202092
Which is funny, because the only two people in the Who that DIDN'T die before they got old are the person who wrote the line and the person who sang it.
>>
>>66200778
He just wanted to be a part of the 27 club. Guess he wasn't cool enough
>>
His dream was to, essentially, have lost his life in some way. This would have preferably occurred by the time the protagonist became worn and decrepit, a pathetic shell of the being he once was.
>>
>>66202107
Well John Entwistle died at 57 so I guess Keith is the only one who truly lived up to the promise of that line.
>>
>>66202145
Not even Keith lived up to that line - according to Townshend, he meant "old" as "very rich."
>>
>>66200778
You'd have to ask Pete. Roger didn't write it, he only sang it.
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 393x375) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 393x375
>and I hope that I get old before I die
What did They mean by this?
>>
>>66200778
listened to the descendents a little too much
>>
When I was 14, I figured by 20 I'd have poetry published and have at least one successful album out. I figured at that point I'd probably make sure I died doing something crazy and adventurous so I wouldn't be degraded by age.
Now I'm 27, haven't achieved any of that, don't really like poetry anymore, and am trying to figure out a career that will both be fulfilling and will let me grow old comfortably, supporting a family. Whereas before I liked straightforward, visceral genres like garage punk and glam rock, now I like heady stuff like post-hardcore/noise rock and free jazz.

What I'm getting at is, once you reach a certain age, life starts to look a lot different.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.