[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu makes a prog album/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Prog_Rock.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Prog_Rock.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
lets make the most convoluted, lengthy and needlessly wanky progressive rock album ever, even if we need FL studio to do it.

instead of rolling for names, lets just vote on a concept and make tracks around that.
>>
>>66184509
instead of bass guitar we sample our farts/shits
>>
>>66184509
Inb4 it end up being some shitty pretentious metal album just like the ones from Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Dream Theater and the list gones on and on :^)
>>
>>66184509
We have to sample Stressed Out for every track.
>>
File: 1444164940539.jpg (38 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1444164940539.jpg
38 KB, 706x706
>>66184586
>Dream Theater
>metal
>>
>>66184509
It should be a musical retelling of The Lord of the Rings but all the characters are Anthony Fantano.
>>
what about a presidential candidate fanfiction story? apolitical though
>>
Concept album about Robert Fripp and his fear of the internet age
>>
>>66184686
ooh this has potential.

it could be like those idm comic memes but for prog
>>
>>66184686
>>66184712
once we get the concept we need to make a plot and separate it into 4 or 5 parts to write music for each series of events.
>>
>>66184686
>>66185048
This thread has so much potential, bumping
>>
>>66185406
ha yeah this totally int just gonna slide while they
>>
Unfortunately '/mu/ makes an album' threads are usually successful because they do genres which require no skill to make, like noise/ambient/vapourwave. Nobody who wastes there time on here is a good enough musician to do prog. If you were lucky you could maybe squeeze a single track out if you got all the different band members.
>>
>>66185662
we just wanna have fun. it's by acting as though we could exceed our limitations that we hope to by proxy glimpse a transcendent exterior bro.
>>
If we do this, I promise I will make at least a 10+ min track.
>>
>>66186146
>>66184686
Oh yeah and my vote goes to the Robert Fripp thing.
>>
>>66186212
>>66184712
>it could be like those idm comic memes but for prog
if we get drawing people in here we could make some comics for the cover like that big brother and the holding company album
>>
>>66186146
I also offer to master the tracks together into one suite if you guys want. I really want this thread to work out, most /mu/ albums are boring as shit.
>>
>>66184509
Montie battles Boldfaure and Poseurs

Basically we make a album making fun of Montie and make a story about him dying
>>
Concept album about Twenty one pilots
>>
>>66186383
Becuase nobody here can make music and when we do it is shitty FL Studio meme music garbage. Hopefully something not shit comes out of this.
>>
Ill partake
>>
>>66186900
>>66186383
>>66186146

we should pad it with an avant garde jazz break down section in the middle i could help with that
>>
>>66184586
>Porcupine Tree and Opeth
>pretentious
>>
>>66188287
I play baritone sax. I could do a short improv session, though the quality won't be very good since I don't have my equipment with me.
>>
>>66188287
That sounds fucking sweet
>>
>>66188308
Record like 2 minutes of improv and then loop it for 20 minutes in the album
>>
I'm pretty excited for this desu
I'll contribute a Fripp-esque avant solo for a track if yall want
>>
>>66188308
Same but with alto sax. I am very down for this.
>>
Bump this has so much potential people just need to get organized
>>
Lots o' mellotron... lots o' mellotron
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.