[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Beach Boys with distortion guitars What band could work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: SongsfromtheBlackHole.jpg (15 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SongsfromtheBlackHole.jpg
15 KB, 600x600
>The Beach Boys with distortion guitars

What band could work with that sentence but weezer or any rip-off weezer band, /mu/? help /mu/, I need to forget someone.
>>
Animal collective
>>
>>66174765
nigga anco ain't never played an electric guitar like a normal person would
>>
>>66174765
Yeah, but I need bands/songs that sound like "superfriend" or "devotion", it's like pet sound but more simple and with fuzzy/dist guitars.
animal collective don't use guitars, they use samplers. I need something to play on my guitar.
>>
>>66174765
but thanks, I forget that.
>>
>>66174755
Mercury Rev maybe
>>
The Olivia Tremor Control
>>
>>66174855
I know they sound like the flaming lips,
rec a album. thanks
>>
>>66174755
it's just pet sounds but reduced to its most basic fundamental harmonies. i've thought about doing a "pet sounds in the style of Pinkerton/Blue album" before. i think pink related would work great with heavy weezer riffs and their pixies style dynamics and headbanging rhythms.
>plus those matt sharp falsetto harmonies
>>
>>66174886
obviously with power chords instead of those full B. Wilson elaborate chord voicings
>>
>>66174881
Boces
And it's probably not the Flaming Lips you're thinking of, more their 90's psych-punky stuff instead of their indie pop. Check out the Flaming Lips 90's stuff too if you haven't.
>>
>>66174886
Yeah, Rivers cuomo have a resaly good base on melodies (he loved the beach boyd and the Beatles)
I still want to do a pet sound with fuzzy guitars.
>>66174985
I will heart it, thanks!
I hope it haves some love songs tho

>>66174877
I always thought that OTC was more like the beatles + oddesey and oracle kind of band more than beach boys-esque
>>
>>66174755

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy

I have used that exact description to explain this album to a friend.
>>
>>66175187
Really? I don't hear it. Great album though
>>
>>66175093
Their vocal harmonies are very Beach Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJobXSveRtE

>>66175187
>>66175383
Psychocandy is BB-esque because of the Spector girl group worship.
>>
>>66175413
they even reuse the Be My Baby intro. which was brians favorite song and you can hear that kinda pounding beats and latin-feel percussion all over Pet Sounds
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.