[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this review and do you agree that Will Toledo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: monties review of twin fantisy.png (90 KB, 1042x626) Image search: [Google]
monties review of twin fantisy.png
90 KB, 1042x626
What did he mean by this review and do you agree that Will Toledo is one of the most important artists of this decade?
>>
I unironically agree with montie's assessment of what has happened to indie music
>>
I think that Montie honestly hit exactly what I think here
>>
File: 200_s.gif (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32 KB, 200x200
>he expects me to read that novel in jpeg format
>>
File: Capture.png (16 KB, 822x160) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16 KB, 822x160
How about this profound thesis on Endtroducing

Man you can really see his maturity
>>
>>66173619
Its not published for a reason you fucking idiot.
>>
>>66173633
Posting that at all is bad.
>>
>>66173633
>>66173651
you two are the best posters on this board. great trips btw.
>>
now that the dust has settled, can we finally have an honest discussion about car seat headrest?

his music is completely mediocre. his voice has an unpleasant dopinesss to it, like it's too rounded off or something.

his lyrics are simple to the point of sheer banality, oh sorry but that's 'stream of consciousness' right?

his production fucking sucks. all his shit is absolutely drenched in reverb and the instruments are generally mixed together with the scrutiny of a newborn learning to distinguish shapes. 'but dat's lo-fi x DD' no, lo-fi implies you actually made an aesthetic choice and don't just suck at recording.

stop making excuses for this average (and that's being generous) talent. it's okay if you like him but from any objective standpoint of measuring music, teens of denial and and everything that came before it are 'just okay'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaiq_TKOKqM&list=LLlJHFLu38LW8xMLSBbshZEg&index=5
>>
File: mmm.jpg (48 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
48 KB, 500x301
>>66173633
>>
>>66173680
Car Seat Head Rest like it or not is one of the most important artists of the past 10 years.
He has broken down more barriers to labeless artists then ever.
>>
File: 1467522922621.jpg (31 KB, 288x415) Image search: [Google]
1467522922621.jpg
31 KB, 288x415
>will toledo
>pushing boundaries
>>66173750
>one of the most important artists of the past 10 years.

Just die Montie.
>>
>>66173750
Big Black did the same thing in the 80s before it was easy to do like it is on bandcamp.
>>
>>66173836
>>66173836
Really? What other artist has followed his path in the past 10 years?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.