[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Viet Cong / Preoccupations New Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Are you excited /mu/?
>>
yeah. wasnt the biggest fan of anxiety tho. it was ok, but it sounded like continental shelf-lite. pretty hyped for the 11 minute "memory"
>>
Digging anxiety, hyped for the album. Anyone seen Viet Cong live? They're playing close and I'm debating whether to go or not
>>
No.
>>
Is the first album now Preoccupations - Viet Cong
or Viet Cong - Viet Cong?
>>
>>66173345
please don't do this to me
>>
>>66171985
yes
>>66173345
In Spotify it is now Preoccupations - Viet Cong
>>
>>66172119
Do it. Seen them twice and iv already ordered tickets for the 2 times they're coming later this year
>>
live performance of new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XXTE7vc9Y

hard to tell from audio quality, but I'm getting New Order/Killing Joke vibes from this, sounds decent.
>>
>>66173930
I like it. One of their poppier tracks I'm guessin. Wish there was more noise
>>
>>66174049
Danny is playing real close to the amp so i have a feeling there's more noise than we're hearing from that recording
>>
I really wish I didn't like these cucks.
>>
>>66173930
damn nice, getting Killing Joke vibes too
>>
>>66174075
That's true. Iv heard the new one is darker then vc. I hope it isn't all so accessible. I'm seeing them in a couple weeks supporting explosions in the sky so I'm pretty hyped to experience the new stuff
>>
>>66174180
the percussion is what's doing it for me. industrial dance vibes coming from whatever those sounds he's triggering are
>>
also I just started getting into Women. Public Strain is one of the most beautifully miserable albums ive ever heard. it's like such an idealized version of music for me. it's like dreary 60s psych pop with the experimentations of post-punk
>>
>>66174392
Women is probably the best guitar-based band of the last decade. Public Strain alone demonstrates that; despite influencing an entire new wave of post-punk bands trying to emulate their style, there is yet to exist any other album that captures the same sound. They were truly a one-of-a-kind band.
>>
>>66173930
I was already excited enough as it was.

Really hoping there's some more abrasive guitar driven stuff.
>>
>>66175909
>>66174392
How do you guys feel about Palm? The don't have that same cold, deadpan vibe that Women had, but they've meshed a similar garage rock/post-punk sound with psychedelia, math rock and no wave influences. super tight musicianship as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RxYqb-AuW4
>>
>>66172119
Go, just for the sake of Death it is worth.
>>
I kind of feel bad about this band. When they were Viet Cong, nobody seemed to care about the music, just that they had an "offensive" name. Now they've changed their name, nobody seems to care about the music, just that they're "cucks"

I'm looking forward to the new album though. I've already moved the first album to P in my collection in preperation.
>>
>>66178207
Cool sound but the songwriting is too progressive desu. Just make it a tad less complex and it's bueno.
>>
>>66171985
Damn I thought this thread was going to be about Viet Cuong, not Viet Cong
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.