[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm genuinely concerned that I won't find another album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: stgstv.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stgstv.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
I'm genuinely concerned that I won't find another album as good as this in years

Prove me wrong?
>>
http://www.scaruffi.com/music/best100.html
>>
>>66169464
Untitled puts me to sleep though...
>>
>>66169528
thanks, i'll check this out
>>
>>66169528
I've seen this guy around, is he just a really respectable reviewer? Are these rankings his personal opinions or something else?
>>
>>66169614

I think he's more of a historian than a full on reviewer but I think his opinion means more than a lot of other reviewers out there based on the sheer size of music he's reviewed and some of the other stuff he does on his website.
>>
File: Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover)[1].png (81 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover)[1].png
81 KB, 316x316
>>
If you haven't already, check out Strawberry Jam. It's a lot poppier than STGSTV, but it's still a fantastic album and it's the closest thing they've done to it. Also, Cuckoo Cuckoo sounds like it could be on STGSTV.
>>
>>66170254
Listened to Strawberry Jam, it was alright but not very engaging to me
>>
File: cover-1.jpg (203 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover-1.jpg
203 KB, 1400x1400
>>66169464
Hey OP, I hate to shill but this album does often get compared to sections of STGSTV. It's nowhere near as good but I do feel it could serve as a decent substitute while you keep looking.

http://evenoxen.bandcamp.com
>>
>>66170267
Check out Here Comes the Indian if you want something more abstract from them.
>>
>>66171361
Totally, along with Hollindagain and Danse Manatee, these are probably the best choices
>>
>>66170400
I'll check it out
>>66171361
Heard before, didn't really like
>>66171628
I'll make sure to check em out
>>
>>66171628
Hollindagain definitely. It's one of my favorite releases from them and really matches the sudden shifts between quiet and loud on STGSTV
>>
>>66172304
If you didn't like Here Comes the Indian, probably don't bother with Hollindagain and Danse. Unless you really liked the high frequencies on STGSTV
>>
It's not even that good, jeez
>>
>>66169464
Well what did you like about it? It's easier to go from there.
>>
>>66170400
Not OP, but this is awesome.

I hope this guy ends up sticking with it
>>
>>66172380
Here Comes the Indian had less vocals and piano IIRC, which is why I didn't like it as much
>>66172604
Mainly the singing and piano, the high frequencies somehow worked in it's favor as well
>>
>>66172933
Try Feels. Vocals are very central, it has some piano but in general just very pretty sounds, and has a stronger focus on songwriting than something like Here Comes the Indian or Hollindagain.
>>
>>66172991
Listened to Feels before and I love it, not as much as STGSTV but definitely their second best.

Anything from other artists you can recommend?
>>
You might like The Age of Adz.
>>
>>66173048
It's not the exact same as Animal Collective, but Black Dice, Gang Gang Dance, and some others are similar. You should try them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tl3e1WIU-8
>>
>>66173048
Try Mercury Rev's first album maybe
>>
>>66173083
Thanks
>>66173090
That track was pretty good, will listen to them further
>>66173115
Have them on my backlog, high hopes for it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.