[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is music better with perfect pitch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (63 KB, 600x808) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
63 KB, 600x808
Is music better with perfect pitch?
>>
>>66154126

I think if you can hear you can enjoy music. Having perfect pitch or even relative pitch is great obv for a musician

do you think computer programmers enjoy video games more than other people?
>>
perfect pitch is a meme, most legitimate musicians develop relative pitch anyway
>>
>>66154233
Yes
>>
>>66154233
lol
>>
>>66154233
um

Yeah they do?
>>
>>66154233
I work with computer programmers and they definitely enjoy video games more than other people
>>
>>66155468
>>66155500
>>66155515
>>66155612
Why?
>>
>>66155731
they can better appreciate how a game was created and the subtleties they have
>>
>>66155820
>Programming
>Subtleties

No... You can definitely see the effort in the scope of a game, but if you're a programmer there aren't many subtleties to get. The subtleties are mostly on the art and design and story writers, which a programmer doesn't do.

Programming subtleties can only really occur, when a certain set of variables are met that makes something unexpected for the gamer, like Easter eggs or similar. Programming is mostly putting down the fundament for other people to put in the artistic subtleties.

The reason why so many programmers seem to enjoy video games more, are that it requires a fair big amount of liking video games to actually wanting to program them themselves.
>>
>>66155612
>>66155515
>>66155468
You think that might have to do with the personality of a programmer, and not necessarily the programming background giving them more pleasure from video games?
>>
Does this mean you can't truly appreciate music if you aren't a musician?
>>
>>66156170
No there's plenty of music critics who have listened to more music than you ever will that don't have musical talent
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.