[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUBS DECIDES WHICH ALBUM I LISTEN TO - VOLUME IV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: vol3winrar.png (97 KB, 480x430) Image search: [Google]
vol3winrar.png
97 KB, 480x430
DUBS PICKS NEXT ALBUM (NO REPEATS,FAKES, OR STUFF SO OBSCURE I CAN’T FIND IT)

VOLUME 4

Albums that constitute repeats:
>Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt (3/10)
>Animal Collective - Hollinndagain (8/10)
>Major Parkinson - Major Parkinson (7.5/10)

==========================================================================
Review of “Major Parkinson” by Major Parkinson

Major Parkinson’s first self-titled LP sounds vaguely like a combination of ska and space guitar riffs a-la “Piper at the Gates of Dawn”, and I absolutely love this combination. The album is extremely fun to listen to from the first song to the last. My only problem with it is that once you catch on to the fact that it’s psychedelia and ska crossover, it’s pretty much that from the first track on out. It’s catchy and fun though, and I was never bored listening to it. The content of the songs is quite straightforward otherwise.

Each track is extremely catchy to go with the extremely unique sound. Some people think that they are above enjoying something because it is “catchy” and citing “catchiness” as a strength of an album they listen to when what’s fashionable is newer and newer ways of being inaccessible. Inaccessibility is interesting and has it’s place, but I don’t think that it’s a necessity. Some sources list this album as “experimental”, and it does perform a seamless fusion of space rock riffs on top of a reggae/ska core, but it’s not mind-bendingly experimental or anything. It’s just an extremely enjoyable listen.

7.5/10 (very enjoyable and good for occasional relistens for enjoyment)

DUBS DECIDES NEXT ALBUM. WILL STAY TO SEE WINNER THEN REVIEW WINNER TOMORROW.
>>
Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
>>
The Flaming Lips & Stardeath and White Dwarfs do The Dark Side of the Moon
>>
>>66146544
check em
>>
Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom
>>
>>66146544

DING DING DING!!!

Wow, early winner this thread.

The next album will be: "Songs from the Crystal Cave" by Steve Seagal.

The cover looks Aldean-tier.... or is it a true masterpiece of rock? FIND OUT NEXT THREAD.
>>
File: image.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159 KB, 300x300
Been looking for this all day! Glad you liked it! Their next album is more of the same, and their most recent one is darker and more ambitious. They're also working on new material with a brand new lineup,

May as well roll again too...
>>
>>66146584
do it tonight c'mon
>>
>>66146544
>>66146584
I feel sorry for you OP holy fuck
>>
>>66146606

Fine, I'll do one tonight, but then I have some work to get done.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.