[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Does /mu/ like this album?
>>
>>66145843
No....

But I do!
>>
you cant discuss this boy here I'm sorry why did you do this it just makes people who like him like me annoyed why would you just push some strangers buttons like that now I'm gonna have to masturbate to the album cover
>>
>>66145843
as of right now....no.
so many people liked it at first it became a meme so people started to pretend to hate it for attention and to be contrarian
>>
>>66146184
So... do you hate it just to be contrarian?
>>
lol people on /mu/ used to dickride this dude so hard
>>
>>66145843
a lot of the songs are sub par for car seat headrest in my opinion but I have peculiar taste
>>
Loved it at first. Upon re-listens, my interest kind of waned. It's still good, though, even though it's not spectacular. Drunk Drivers / Killer Whales is really fucking good, though.
>>
Listened to the first song and felt like the production was better than the other random CSH I heard back when he first became a meme on /mu/.

That being said he writes shit songs, so better production value doesn't help improve things.

Matador are also fuck-ups for trying to release the album before that Cars sample was cleared. I'm all for fair use and free speech and integrating old songs in new ways (see The Avalanches or any sample-based band) but only if the original artist is alright with you trying to make money off their work. Which Car Seat Headrest shouldn't be doing because he goes by a shitty trip for releasing his shitty insipid music
>>
Album is a bit of a stretch but it grew on me when I finally got around to listening to the second half recently.

The songs can be monotonous and too long for this style of music in my opinion, I don't think I'll care much for this later
>>
>>66145843
/mu/ hates this album because it's a meme to hate this album. it's actually really good, and I like it a lot
>>
File: hmm.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
>it's a meme to hate this album

it's a meme to like that album
>>
>"This is a meme album on here."
>First time I've seen it on /mu/.
>>
>>66147634
/memes/
>>
>>66147666
i guess you missed the 5,000 other threads on it

oh, and the million meme posts about it
>>
>>66145843
listening to it now

my god is it uninteresting and generic
>>
>>66147769
it's not worth all the shit /mu/ gives it, but it's not worth all the praise that p4k gives it either.
>>
I think it's incredible. His lyrics are rewarding, heartfelt, relatable and witty as always, but the music harks back to what it felt like to listen to classic rock as a teenager despite not sounding quite like it, and feeling fresh.

Huge fan of Twin Fantasy, felt nothing for his last two releases, very happy this resonated with me so much. Also, do yourself a favor and download the copy with the Cars interpolation. Great song.
>>
File: csh.png (877 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
csh.png
877 KB, 1440x900
>>
>>66146654
The Avalanches ran into the exact same issue, and you're either listening to their non-cleared sample version or a bastardization of the album. Pretty ironic you used them as an example of doing sampling correctly.
>>
>>66147864
KEK
>>
>>66147913
>a bastardization
a band that is still talked about 16 years after making one album really sounds like they fucked up and bastardized, and regardless the avalanches made good songs and were imaginative in how they used their samples. Car seat fuckboy over here just slapped the song on front of his own song to try to use some of that crisp 2016 80's nostalgia

csh's best hopes for remembrance is going to be how he was involved in losing 60k for one of the most well-known indie labels
>>
I like it but I'm not /mu/
>>
>>66145843
If by "/mu/" you mean "Will" then yes.
>>
>>66148281
Nice meme senpai!
>>
it's a really solid album but it's a meme so discussion isn't possible

try talking about it anywhere else
>>
>>66148379
Same thing we're seeing with Wildflower, memes are used to shut down any meaningful discussion
>>
I liked how lo-fi Twin Fantasy was and I felt that the good production kind of took away from waht made me like CSH in the first place. That said, it was definitely a solid 8/10 and will deserve repeated listens.
>>
>>66148375
Go away will.
>>
>>66148530
What? I was complimenting you on how good your meme game was. A big bad 4chaner isn't going to be triggered that easily is he?
>>
I don't care for it, except I really enjoyed Destroyed By Hippie Powers for a few days.

>>66147864
Oh fuck off. People like weird shit sometimes. Let's criticize him for his music, not because anthropomorphic animals make him horny. That's not remotely relevant.
>>
>>66148424
Really frustrating actually since Wildflower is something I'd love to be able to legitimately talk about.
>>
Saw him on acid at Roskilde right after M83. It was quite the contrast. M83 had this massive lightshow and was on the biggest stage playing for hundreds if not a thousand people. CSH was playing one of the smaller stages very late in the day and there were maybe like a 100 people there. They all seemed to love him though, and asked for an encore even though he basically told them that they had ran out of songs. Good for him, I say. That nerd can write a hell of an hook.
>>
>>66148513
Then just open a daw and make it lo fi sounding.
>>
>>66148513
The lo-finess is what put me off CSH when I first tried them. It's not like Have a Nice Life or Mount Eerie where it creates an atmosphere.
>>
>>66146489
aha kinda this for me too

I thought it was great on first listen. Now I'm starting less and less to care, and it doesn't sound as crisp to my ears. His voice can get a tiny bit grating mia familia.
>>
>>66145843
Personally big fan. Ntm that a lot of the themes are pretty relevant to me.
>>
it sounds like the strokes but without the fun
>>
this album wouldve been a sick ep
>>
>>66150221
The Strokes are The Strokes without the fun.
>>
I like it!
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.