[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who fees like this guy is incredibly overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bob-dylan[1].jpg (75 KB, 350x443) Image search: [Google]
bob-dylan[1].jpg
75 KB, 350x443
Am I the only one who fees like this guy is incredibly overrated? If we're talking about greatest American songwriter, I'd say Paul Simon. Dylan doesn't even come close.
>>
I sometimes wonder if you people that call dylan overrated actually listen to his lyrics.
>>
>>66126363
>Paul Simon
Have you listened to Hearts and Bones? And, even worse, Stranger to Stranger?
>My head is a lollipop
>My head's a lollipop and everyone wants to lick it
>I wear a hoodie now so I won't get a ticket
>I write my verse for the universe
>>
>>66128022
>caring about lyrics

Yup overrated then
>>
>>66128070
>not caring about a lyricists lyrics
Like are you fucking retarded?
>>
Paul Simon had like two good albums (his debut and Graceland) and a handful of good songs in S&G. Everything else of his has been remarkably mediocre. To be fair, Dylan has been mediocre for most of his career too, but his best works are better than Simon's, and more numerous too.
>>
>>66126363
>Am I the only one
Get over yourself anon
>>
I know that the lyrics are important, but for the poeple that don't care about them (like me)
there's something in the dylan discography that worths to check out?
>>
>>66129841
Blood on the Tracks has amazing session musicians and beautiful clear production. His voice is also much warmer and really quite beautiful to listen to. He even tones down his oblique lyricism and takes a more literal route. Sounds like the album for you to check out.
>>
>thread about Bob Dylan
>people compare him to Paul Simon, Neil Young, or Nick Drake
>>
>>66126363
All popular music is overrated. It's just silly crap for plebs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.