[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've seen this album get trashed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 3543x3543) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 3543x3543
Why? I think it's amazing, but am curious as to why it wasn't received as well as OPN's other stuff
>>
trashed? it's considered one of the best albums of last year by a lot of people
>>
>>66111835
I think there was a lot of expectations because of how well received R+7 was, & GoD just didnt meet em, mine included. It seems a step backwards with what he did with his sounds.

Coincidentally, I finished giving this a listen earlier today so I can also say it seems less cohesive but it still has some good moments.
>>
>>66111835
it has a good concept, but alot of it comes off as edm trash

Child Of Rage was the high point of the album and what it should have been
>>
>>66111868
I guess "trashed" is a bit extreme. "Mixed opinions" might be a better term. I remember when Fantano reviewed it a lot of people complained that it was a lot worse than R+7 and that the score didn't make sense, also seen it get a lot of shit in OPN threads.
>>
It was a risky creative leap so there was bound to be division. I hear a lot of people say it isn't well produced, but personally I think it was incredibly innovative.
>>
Idk the heavier songs on it were really cheesy.
>>
>>66111835
I liked Replica, thought R + 7 was kinda boring, and I think GoD is his best yet.
>>
>>66111952
It's emotional as fuck, anon
>>
>>66111903
If all the tracks were like Child of Rage then it'd just be r+7 again
>>
It's good just kinda inconsistent.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.