[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should I stick with? What are the benefits of each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: picture.jpg (337 KB, 3156x3360) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
337 KB, 3156x3360
Which one should I stick with? What are the benefits of each one? They both cost the same price ($11.99 AUD/month), and I use iTunes as my main source of listening to music as I own an iPhone and use the built-in music app on the go.
>>
Neither and get Google play all access
>>
>>66111121
I own an iPhone.
>>
spotify has a stronger library of indies, better quality audio, better UI imo, better discounts, better social features
>>
>>66111208
True. The UI for Apple Music is pretty fucking shit, and is still confusing to me after 3 months. As for indie artists, I don't really listen to them unless it's from people that post their stuff from bandcamp to threads on here.
>>
I'd say Spotify because I have never used Apple Music and I like the weekly playlist Spotify puts together for me
nice way to find new music sometimes
>>
Google Play All Access is way better than Spotify, no retarded 10.000 songs download limit afaik
>>
>>66111273
>As for indie artists, I don't really listen to them

outsider
>>
Spotify all the way. Apple Music's app is soooo bad
>>
>>66111102

I don't understand much of the dislike for AM here. Might be because I've never used Spotify. I've used AM in two different occasions. Once when it was offered for free for 3 months and recently strting about a month ago. I have an iphone and I've always suffered from storage problems with music and damn does AM fix that. I like it for what it is. I've never used Spotify, but I don't find AM confusing or hindering in anyway. It's pretty simple to find music, add it to your music and be done. The "'make available offline" feature helps to get ready for places with no internet connection. And you can easily get rid of downloads, while still keeping it added to your library. My two cents, OP.
>>
>>66111709

Oh plus their lobrary has improved a bunch since when I originally used it. Before it didnt have Pere Ubu, Robert Wyatt, Nomeansno, and others. Now they do.
>>
>>66111709
True. The thing I'm kinda worried about is that if I delete all my music files, and replace them with Apple Music, if something happens and my Apple Music downloads are gone then I'm left with nothing and will have to start all over again.

And I'll most likely be using the offline feature on AM because I only have a 1.5GB/month data plan.
>>
I like Spotify cause I can follow friends on there and they can see how much better my taste in music is than theirs but I switched to AM because the desktop version is aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>66111755

From what I understand, your AM lobrary is saved by iCloud. So if you miss a payment or somethjng and your library appears erased, once you pay for it again it will come back since it's saved in iCloud. You have to have "iCloud Music Library" setting on in settings i believe.
>>
>>66111755
>not having all of your music saved in a seperate folder and importing it to apple music
unless stopping apple music deletes that or something. Regardless, I like it, I've used spotify and AM, AM is much better for discovering music in respects to classical and jazz, spotify was better for metal. But I already discover metal outside of streaming, so I figured it would be better to have more options in the other genres I like. Plus the library integration is great and looks awesome, used to hate itunes but it's heavily improved since I last used it (like 3 years ago).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.