[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /mu/ I'm gonna say it before the pitchfork review or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x300
Okay /mu/ I'm gonna say it before the pitchfork review or before people start loving this album to death. It's just meh. That's it. The Avalanches promised a album that would be, and I quote, "so fucking party." Instead we get songs that sound like they were made in ableton and only 3 top jams
>The noisy eater
>Frankie Sinatra
>Subway
We got a slow album with no momentum and a slow build to nothing...... But that do you think /mu/?
>>
>>66102277
>just meh
this
>>
>>66102277
I doubt P4k will rate it any higher than 7.5
>>
>>66102277
>>66102296
>meh

Hi NME.
>>
>>66102321
I felt this way about it the moment it leaked. It's a good word to describe it.
>>
>>66102329
I'm pretty blown away by this album. I don't really dig frankie sinatra, but I pretty much enjoy the entire album.
>>
>>66102424
And that's fine. It's just not the album I was told I was gonna get.
>>
I think it's pretty good, just a bit shallower than SILY, probably won't get as many listens from me.

"So fucking party" is a pretty abstract statement, you can't expect too much from a quote like that
>>
>>66102485
What I expected was a lot of top jams that you can grove to and party with. And that's not what it is at all imo
>>
>>66102502
I believe that statement might be referring to the atmosphere created by the variety of samples, a "party" is a common way to describe albums like Paul's Botique and Since I Left You where the patchwork of samples stitched together create a very special form of loose psychedelia
I agree that it's not really a dance record but it is quite beautiful. Also how are "The Wozard of Iz" and "Live a Lifetime Love" not jams?
>>
>>66102640
I think the wozard of iz is a jam, but live a lifetime love is too slow. This is coming from someone who likes ambient music. Just zero momentum in the beats.
>>
>>66102679
it's about the melody man
I guess if your inclination is toward rhythm and groove heavy dance music this might not be the album for you
It's more like SMiLE or something
>>
>>66102706
I have a wired feeling about the album. I can like SILY in its entirety and it's slow songs because they are kickass and groovy. But the songs on wildflower don't have that same feel. It's probably because the guy who had a main help in making SILY really fucking good ended up leaving.
>>
>>66102755
Well, it's a different feel, SILY is definitely more dance oriented in its approach. I wouldn't call Wildflower's compositions worse, they just went for a different vibe and style of arrangement this time. They even said in an interview that once they realized it was beginning to resemble a psych rock sort of thing they decided to run with that.
>>
>>66102821
A very good point. It's one of those albums where if other people can get behind it I'm glad for them but I just can't.
>>
>band takes 16 year haitus
>/mu/ complains when their sound changes
>>
>>66102277
>high pass/low pass filters

that's it

7.1 for p4k
>>
>>66102821
>>66102836
underrated posts
>>
>>66102277
>Instead we get songs that sound like they were made in ableton

Nigga Ableton is a god damn tool to make music with, what kind of criticism is this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.