[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a chart/how to get into x thread? I'm especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (774 KB, 2437x1448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
774 KB, 2437x1448
Can we have a chart/how to get into x thread? I'm especially looking for Magpie's ones since they're really well made (updated swans anyone?)
Also I would like to make an offer: I study graphic design, does anyone want to team up and make a chart that looks decent?
>>
File: shoegazechart.jpg (918 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
shoegazechart.jpg
918 KB, 2000x2000
This one's served me pretty well
>>
>>66081337
Thanks mate that will take me a while
>>
File: simplemansonflowchat.png (606 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
simplemansonflowchat.png
606 KB, 1024x768
>>66081327
There was an updated one with Swans on here a week ago, did anyone save it? This one is really good though - helped me get into Swans and realize like their more gothic stuff the best like Great Annihilator and Children of God.

Speaking of Gothic, here is a simple Manson one I made. The Manson flowchart currently on the /mu/ website is so fucking autistic.
>>
File: mathrockflowchart.png (1 MB, 1280x957) Image search: [Google]
mathrockflowchart.png
1 MB, 1280x957
>>66082593
Nice one. I remember someone added The Glowing Man on there, but that's it.

Would anyone be interested in a slowcore flowchart?
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 5000x5000
This is one of the most extensive flow charts I've ever seen.

Dies anyone have a more extensive one? (Doesn't have to be post-punk)
>>
File: MwdDFJ3.png (2 MB, 2674x1786) Image search: [Google]
MwdDFJ3.png
2 MB, 2674x1786
>>
File: 1467152729852.jpg (3 MB, 1960x2030) Image search: [Google]
1467152729852.jpg
3 MB, 1960x2030
Not a flow chart but still my favorite
>>
Yeah but do you see the point I'm trying to make with this thread. Not only most of these just look awful (those hand drawn arrows) but the bigger ones are ureadable: the serif fonts are a bad choice, the placement of the albums is messy and cluttered.
>>
>>66083044
Sorry I can't live up to your standards, OP.
>>
>>66083096
I'm not trying to hate on people who post them, just making a point that these should be made with readability in mind.
More space between pictures and words, sans serif fonts, use a grid. Basic stuff.
>>
I saw an ambient one a bit ago that started with tired sounds of stars of the lid.

anyone have that kicking around?
>>
Does anyone have a flowchart for all of music? I have no idea where to start
>>
File: The_Residents charts.jpg (3 MB, 4096x5022) Image search: [Google]
The_Residents charts.jpg
3 MB, 4096x5022
The Residents: A band who can't find a solid following, even on /mu/.

It's not 100% accurate, as there is more accessible stuff than Duck Stab, it's just that Duck Stab is a pretty good introduction to their "weirdness" and the catchiness factor they have. IT also kinda lumps the first their first cycle of albums together and puts a few in weird spots.

Demons Dance Alone for example, is pretty far down there despite being a really accessible album, and Fingerprince is in a really weird spot.

Stars & Hank Forever: The American Composers series is suitably buried though.
>>
>>66083260
Nah, you're right. The quality was pretty poor on what I posted. Here's a higher res version of the math-rock.

>>66084587
I like this one, I heard Baby Sex just today and it's well-placed.
>>
File: mathrockflowchart.png (3 MB, 2000x1495) Image search: [Google]
mathrockflowchart.png
3 MB, 2000x1495
>>66084739
Forgot to add the image
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.