[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, was it The Glowing PAN or not, considering The Seer and TBK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lir.png (125 KB, 469x327) Image search: [Google]
lir.png
125 KB, 469x327
So, was it The Glowing PAN or not, considering The Seer and TBK both got a 9.0 or more.
>>
>>66075403
Thats bullshit,
Tgm was a sold 9.0 at least, but muh rape must have affected
Cuckfork rating for sure
>>
>>66075403
I think it had a lot to do with the rape allegations. P4K is about image before music, after all.
>>
>>66075445
You're right
>>
>8.1
>bad
Are we video game nerds complaining IGN scores or something?
>>
>>66075796
You'd be right if we were talking about a music website or reviewer that wasn't P4K.
>>
>>66075844

8 or above isn't bad for P4K
>>
>>66076081
It is when it doesn't get BNM, which is why their rating system is a joke.
>>
>>66075436
>>66075445

yep, rape allegations affected it. I'm surprised it wasn't lower.
>>
I didn't think it was as good as their previous two honestly. Felt like a retread of TBK instrumentation but without the grooves of TBK.
Only listened to it once so far though, so maybe it will grow on me.

Also, how come a section of The Glowng Man has been pretty much lifted straight from the intro of Bring The Sun?
>>
>>66076093

except not really?? do you really expect every great album to get BNM?

if it had gotten, like 7.2 or less I would have been pissed, but IMO 8.1 is a fine score for TGM, I mean it isn't as good as TBK so it definitely doesn't deserve a 9 or 8.8 or something.
>>
>>66076149
I don't follow Pitchfork and I expect nothing from them other than proliferating their own brand of taste. I also think that arguing about the rating this albums deserves, especially a rating from a website that has continually shown its inability to separate the music they review from the image they like to push, isn't a fruitful topic for conversation. I'm just saying their rating system is garbage, and if every "great album" as you put it, doesn't get the tag that draws the most attention to said album, then it sucks. Adding another arbitrary sticker of approval on top of a numeric rating system, something that is already stupid when trying to critique anything other than a video game or a meal is just next level retarded.
>>
>>66076136
the title track grew during live improv from bring the sun riff, so as gira said the bring the sun part is important to the track and had to be there as again
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.