[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Collective Live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Animal-Collective-001.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective-001.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
These guys are gonna be playing somewhat close to where I live.
I'm kinda interested in going. Are they pretty good live?
>>
>anco
>good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E

>animal collective fans will defend this
>>
>>66072684
Yeah listen to the live albums they have on their bandcamp. Painting With is much better live and the drummer they have with them is great.
>>
I'm not even a fan but since I'm a meme sheep I went to a show.

It was ok
>>
>>66072684
I saw them live a few months ago on their tour for Painting With
It was really disappointing because they only played 2 songs that weren't on Painting With and most of the songs from PW don't translate well live imo
the burglars and floridada were the only songs they played that even remotely seemed energetic and fun
>>
they mostly play the new stuff so if that seems unappealing to you then you will probably not have a good time
>>
File: 1464165034622-v.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1464165034622-v.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>66072725
pic related

>>66072736
>>66072740
>>66072743
I'm actually listening to Painting With for the first time right now. It's pretty good.
Thanks, goys.
>>
Even though they're my favorite band, it wasn't the best concert I've been to. But it ended well because they closed with Alvin Row, and just having that as the closer was kind of an emotional experience for me
>STGSTV is my favorite album by them
>Alvin Row is conclusion to it
>This concert was the conclusion to their career for me since they blew it with Painting With
It was all very cathartic
>>
>>66072725
They were either drunk or high.
>>
>>66072852
>found the defener
>>
I think that people who enjoyed PW liked the live show more. I saw them a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed it. Their transitions from song to song were always really great. And being as close as possible to the front is definitely worth it

They also released two live albums from shows they played in March so you should listen to those to get an idea of what they sound like on this tour. I had a great time seeing them though
>>
>>66072867
Awesome. I'll definitely consider it then.
>>
>>66072862
I still I find it hilarious though.
>>
>>66072852
That probably goes for 90% of their waking moments from 2000-2005. Just ask Edgar.
>>
>>66072916
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYkI1wvazk
Very true. Just watch this live performance from 2000.They're just as goofy and most likely as high as they are in the Live at the Brighton Festival video.
>>
>>66072725
Loves of my goddamn life
>>
>>66072684
Yeah, they most play PW stuff. It sounds much better live and it's a whole lot of fun
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.