[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can someone this much of an idiot be this good at producing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: j-cole.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2327) Image search: [Google]
j-cole.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2327
How can someone this much of an idiot be this good at producing music?

I don't get it
>>
madlib is one of the greatest hip hop producers and he's kind of retarded sounding in interviews. kanye too.

i think you have to be some kind of a savant to make great beats.
>>
>>66071861
How is J Cole an idiot? I like the dude, maybe I haven't heard him babble about dumb shit before or something..
>>
>>66071896
Madlib sounding retarded is probably because he's high as fuck during any interview he's ever done... the guy smokes copious amounts of weed.
>>
j cole is an awful producer
>>
>>66071896
>>66071963
and he is super introverted, i don't think he sounds "retarded". just a has different vibe
>>
j cole sucks
>>
>>66071896
>>66071861

i mean it is nigger music. if it required a lot of intelligence they wouldn't dominate the genre
>>
>>66071963
mari
*ding ding*
juana
*ding ding*
marijuana
*ding ding*
HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>66071985
that too, he's known to be kind of a shut in... he'll literally hole up in his studio for days at a time and just produce beats
>>
I can't speak for his intelligence but I have watched some vids of him producing and he seems pretty talented as far as the genre is concerned. Then again, in the same videos I have seem him make something half decent then just request his friend come over and lay down a sick piano part over the whole thing.
>>
>>66071928
His lyrics are just dumb, you can barely tell where his songs are going most of the time

On a side note he has about the maturity of a 13 year old and every time he does something that's supposed to highlight his "insecurities" it's just him finding a way to say "I'm actually so great"

In all the photos of this guy he has this expression that says "My life is so great it's so happy and blissful and I'll beat you up if you say otherwise"

He's just a dumb black chad and not in an endearing way

>>66071963
Yeah the guy's like 50% weed
>>
I didn't know this guy was an idiot but he's as mediocre as it comes musically speaking.
>>
>>66072124
The beats are stellar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2965520279&feature=iv&src_vid=PU3pBtS1lK0&v=A2B5clYLtOc
>>
The problem with most artists is music is their way of expression because they struggle with expressing themselves in other ways. That is why it's rare to find very well spoken and articulate musicians because the 2 a well spoken musician is a contradiction in itself. J Cole has trouble articulating his thoughts and that comes off ass "dumb" or uneducated he did attend University so he isn't a retard but he clearly is a little slow verbally.
>>
Honestly, hip hop is probably my favorite genre but the vast majority of interviews with rappers (if not their lyrics) exposes them as borderline retards
Not just that they're incredibly inarticulate, they seem to struggle to even put a sentence together and they say some dumb shit in general. It's always pretty disappointing to find out you love listening to a complete idiot, not that that takes away from their talent
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.