[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this cat could ball?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Prince-highcontrast.jpg (17 KB, 627x325) Image search: [Google]
Prince-highcontrast.jpg
17 KB, 627x325
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this cat could ball?
>>
>>66064486
i honestly don't give two shits that he's dead. none of his music ever interested me
>>
>>66064533
maybe you're just like my mother, she's never satisfied
>>
>>66064576
>>
>>66064615
>>
>>66064486
He could ball, write hit songs for himself and others, shred, play the music industry game, get addicted to opiates and OD/die. Plus hot chicks on the reg.
>>66064533
The fuck? How are you not gonna bob yr head to a prince song?
>>
File: judge-mathis.jpg (24 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
judge-mathis.jpg
24 KB, 300x400
>>66064576
>>
>>66065483
I'd give my left nut to be half the man that man was

so basically I'd become half a man to be half a better man
>>
>>66064576
10/10
>>
>>66065883
BACK TO THE TREEHOUSE WITH YE, WOLF SPIRIT
>>
I have been a Prince fan for years I have never watched that meme-y Chappelle sketch, and I don't think I ever will.
>>
>>66067689
Why not?
>>
>>66067870
Almost every time Prince comes-up in conversation that sketch is referenced. It irrationally irritates me.
>>
>>66068360
If you know the irritation is irrational, why not just watch the sketch and get in on the joke?

Charlie Murphy's narration is the funniest part, far more so than Chappelle's Prince impression imo
>>
Been jamming to this album lately, fucking incredible smooth funk. Maceo Parker and George Clinton are on it too. Surprised he didn't release more live albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChE8dqK5xM&list=PL_1l8GxzILJEoTbhn38Do-lB5_s5g00yD
>>
>>66068360
If you like Prince, you should appreciate that it isn't just putting him in a random situation.

Prince and his crew would regularly rent out community centers after shows and play basketball for fun. He is legitimately a good baller.
>>
>>66068360
Agree, it's a funny sketch but it's been memed to death and millennials don't take him seriously because of it.
>>
>>66068524
real talk tho, who gives a fuck what millennials think?
>>
It's been confirmed as suicide
>>
>>66068446
Damn, that's great stuff. I've never been one for live albums, but I'll definitely check this one out.
>>
What is prince's appeal? All his songs seem so kitsch and overdone to me

I'm 1/2 black btw
>>
>>66068619
Source? From what I know it was accidental.
>>
>>66068619
What? From what I understand it was a accidental fentanyl overdose, which is pretty common these days what with ratfuck suppliers slipping fentanyl into their opiates to make them stronger
>>
>>66068651
What have you heard by him? Some of his stuff is definitely overdone, but his output was pretty varied.
>>
>>66068651
So was Prince, but that's irrelevant.

It's incredibly well made funk blended with a certain degree of electronic. Not everything he makes is appealing to me, and I could see how the over the top sexuality of it all could come off as kitschy.

But the music is good enough.

The part from Purple Rain where he explains that the orgasm sounds in one of his songs is actually a reversed sample of a woman crying was pretty dope.
>>
>>66068695
>>66068724
They found a note. it hasn't been published so for all we know it's a fucking lyric journal or some shit
>>
>>66068751
Prince
Sign o the time

>>66068752
What's your favorite song and which song has that reverse crying sample?
>>
>>66068786
I'm not gonna say it definitely wasn't suicide but it seems more likely that he was getting fucked up and writing lyrics than suicide
>>
>>66068786
Any legit sources? All I'm getting is gossip rags.
>>
Computer Blue is objectively his best song.
>>
>>66068752
which song?
>>
>>66068360
If Prince decided to embrace it, why can't you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_3a_Zqh9g )
>>
>>66069203
Because I'm a hateful, terrible person.
>>
>>66069955
cooooold-blooodeeeeeed
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.