[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Villain who were really good guy, and good guys who were really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Noel Approves.jpg (39 KB, 241x339) Image search: [Google]
Noel Approves.jpg
39 KB, 241x339
Basically this thread from a few days ago, that died too quickly:
>>66008774
I'll post the same as I did there.
This guy helped to stop Creation Records from going bankrupt in the mid-90s, which meant they could put out a string of great releases until they ended up selling up in 1999.
>>
>>66063076
That's one of the oasis bro's right?
>>
>>66063076
It wasn't really his input that kept creation records going. It was Alan McGee signing them that did it
>>
File: 1405002265086.jpg (34 KB, 348x400) Image search: [Google]
1405002265086.jpg
34 KB, 348x400
>>66063152
No, it's Jarvis Cocker.
>>
>>66063152
Yes, the smart one... well the smarter one
>>66063186
But they still did a lot to help them. They were still majorly successful, and stayed with Creation until they folded, when they could have probably have jumped ship. Of course McGee signing them puts a lot of it on him, but he still doesn't deserve the hate he gets when without him there would have been a lot fewer great albums in the world.
>>
>>66063331
And it was Alan and that signed all those great acts. All oasis did was stay with them and that was probably only to better their image as creation records was cool at the time
>>
File: deak.jpg (18 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
deak.jpg
18 KB, 300x450
who would have thought he'd get AOTY 2016
>>
>>66063473
My point was just that before Oasis were signed, the label were in the shitter financially, they got signed, made some massive selling albums, and the label was able to run for a few years longer. At least some of the thanks for that should fall on Oasis' shoulders. So if you like, for example, Super Furry Animals, at least some of the thanks for them being able to get signed falls to Oasis.
>>
>>66063531
Deak's a good guy that's really a villain.
>You want to record a new album? Well, I'm going off to record my own album that I've procrasinated on for about 5 years, and I'll release it to coincide with the slightly naff album you make, so that everyone thinks I'm the true genius of the band.
>>
>>66063281
Oh you...
>>66063331
I'm not a huge fan so idk too much about em. I know that they got rowdy over here, hated/still hate each other and reporters still like to get the opinions from what I'm guessing is the stupider one bc it's always a gem from the quotes I've seen.
>>
>>66063531
Hahaha this. I wish he just took the money again tho.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.