[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should white people be allowed to make hip-hop considering how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 620x413
Should white people be allowed to make hip-hop considering how bad their track record with it is?
>>
They should all be forced to undergo a test to demonstrate not only their knowledge of hip-hop but their technical, lyrical, and stylistic ability, they should also all be signed to labels which have the power to completely outlaw the artist releasing any more music if said artist's music is bad.
>>
>>66057739
Yes
>>
fuck off Jamal
>>
File: swollAF.jpg (75 KB, 745x511) Image search: [Google]
swollAF.jpg
75 KB, 745x511
No: Riff is killin' it.
>>
>>66057739
I don't think making hip hop is a good decision but sure
>>
>>66057739
Should Hip Hop be used as Exhibit A to support the argument that blacks really really need to go back?
>>
>>66057739
here's your reply
>>
File: calm down princess.png (119 KB, 392x366) Image search: [Google]
calm down princess.png
119 KB, 392x366
I love this song because it triggers both cunts AND niggers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnFlQAvk8U
>>
>>66057924
Dudes getting swole af too. I think he's on some cell tech. He's freaks out a couple times in that vice bullshit video.
>>
>>66058304
The Jews have been exploiting the nogs for years, what are you on about? Look at the music industry. Behind every rich nigger rapper is an even richer Jew, laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
>>66058024
yes, anon. smart thought
>>
>>66058133

There's not a single black person who feels threatened or offended by lil dicky
>>
>>66060229
he offends me as a white person and fan of hip hop
>>
>>66057924
The only things Riff Raff kills are buffets, his parents' dignity, and hip hop's hope for non-"minstrel show" white rappers
>>
>>66060229
>thinks he speaks for all niggers

10$ says you're white
>>
>>66060229
> I, as a late teens/early 20s white suburban male, speak for all black people
>>
Lets be honest hip hop in general has a pretty shit track record
>>
>>66061648
>>66061664

Guys what if you're wrong
>>
>>66057739
It's extremely hard to find white rappers who aren't total garbage or who don't make a fucking mockery of the genre. I like Aesop Rock, for instance, even though he has some fairly cringy lines at times. But he's still probably the best white rapper (by my standards). Anyone care to prove me wrong?
>>
>>66061810
Are you implying that the dude is black or that he speaks for all black people? Either way, lol.
>>
>>66062091
> anon was the reverend al sharpton
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iktRxUF6qQ0
>>
>>66062015
>who aren't total garbage or who don't make a fucking mockery of the genre
this is true of all rappers regardless of color
>>
>>66062015
Aesop is good as long as you don't listen to Bazooka Tooth. His most recent album The Impossible Kid is fucking amazing. I've had people who hate Aesop listen to it and say they enjoy it a lot. I think he gets a bad rap (NPI) because his fan's are the worst kind of white boys. His 2012 album Skelethon is really good too. He's improved his flow so much since Labor Days
>>
>>66062015
listen to
>>66062349
>>
>>66062015
Eminem is pretty much considered by both black and white people as one of the greatest rappers of all time in terms of skill. Aesop rock is lyrical spiritual bullshit
>>
>>66062349
El P is good, too, the RTJ stuff is just a bit much for me.

>>66062351
this smells like bait
>>
>>66058133
>>66057739
>how bad their track record with it is?

Eminem was one of the best artist in the genre for sometime. Highly successful and highly acclaimed. Even Scaruffi can't deny it. So U don't see what you're saying.
>>
>>66057739
Aesop Rock is good, more so on his newer work. Eminem is half-decent but can get annoying. Mac Miller is my guilty pleasure. Brother Ali is alright but his "soulful black man" voice and preachiness makes me want to throw up.
>>
>>66062421
why
>>
>>66062407
Ab Soul is a far better example of "lyrical spiritual" bullshit. Aesop never talks about how smart he is, but he uses huge words which causes him to come of in a certain way.
>>
>>66057924
Peach Panther is crazy. He lost that cringe sense of humor, and that was his best career move. Embracing his druggie rich lifestyle was his smartest move.
>>
>>66062497
>Ab Soul is a far better example of "lyrical spiritual" bullshit
must hurt to be this wrong
>>
When you say "male hip-hop" do you just mean rapping? Because I can't fathom why anyone would think race has anything to do with making good beats
>>
*make
>>
>>66057739
With black rappers like young thugger mother fucker out there I think white people are ok to keep doing their thing
>>
>>66062450
>Even Scaruffi can't deny it.
>trusting Scaruffi's taste in hip-hop
>>
>>66062497
Ab soul is fucking garbage. His voice, his lyrics everything about him annoys me. I don't know why he's in TDE
>>
Half Cuban half negro brother here

White people have a better track record in hip hop than any other race
>>
>>66062764
Did you hear his verse on "Vice City"

"Had a real thick bitch named Brooklyn
She fucked the whole squad
Now every time I land in Brooklyn
They fuck with the whole squad
I'm more spiritual than lyrical
I'm similar to Eli... Why?"

You can't defend this. He literally used the lyrical/spiritual line. jesus christ
>>
File: 1438710464416.jpg (26 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1438710464416.jpg
26 KB, 640x426
>>66058133
This is so obnoxiously childish and stupid. How old is this guy?

What's his point even supposed to be? It's good to be white because the average white person makes more money and is less likely to be targeted by police?

First off, just because something good happens to a white person it isn't because they're white. That's a prejudice. Also known as racism.

Second off, he's Jewish. Jews make more money than whites and if he's being consistent with that train of thought then whites are oppressed he ought to be talking about "Jewish privilege"
>>
>>66062015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muyx5JcBRBU
>>
>>66057739
>this fucking hebe
>white
>>
>Look up the origin of spiritual lyrical miracle shitposting
>It's Filthy Frank autism
>>
>>66062015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JljUyMOS5jg
>>
>>66062015
What, and black rappers are esteemed musical prodigies? The average "black rapper" is miraculously terrible

Now this is just my opinion but the amount of white rappers that are good and poignant are pretty disproportionate compared to the black ones... in basically every way. When people call a black rapper "genius" it usually just barely transcends into okay compared to a white guy. Tell me when you find a black rapper that displays the lyrical potency of a guy like Aesop Rock or Eminem
>>
>>66063345
Nah, it's a really old rap meme

>>66063430
>Tell me when you find a black rapper that displays the lyrical potency of a guy like Aesop Rock
Busdriver

>or Eminem
Redman
>>
>>66063225
you're kidding a little bit right? a liiil bit?
>>
>>66063430
>lyrical potency
>Eminem

W E W
>>
>>66063197
>not recognizing a joke
to be fair tons of rappers have made the same joke
that doesn't make control system any less phenomenal of an album
>>
>>66064007
i fuck with control system, but after that he went off the fucking deep end. probably too much DMT.
>>
>>66063555
driver and aes fuck with each other too. my dream is a collab album between those two. with heavy features from Open Mike Eagle. Just three buds making god-tier rap music
>>
>>66057845
Ok Hitler
>>
>>66062015

>Aesop Rock

c'mon now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbX08oGcKt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7-ew3du0VY&list=PL9525299A128D7441

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5v2ePtIH6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKtI5hMp4s
>>
>>66064470
>Army of the Pharaohs type white rappers
ehhh, they're basically okay I guess?

Celph Titled is good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxvidV-uk8
>>
>>66064560
I know some other countries are making good hip-hop too. It's just too bad you can't understand shit. I know France has some good ones.
>>
Basically relevant to the thread - was watching some G Fella vids earlier. Terrible rapper, so Italian American that he has a huge arm tattoo of the Sopranos logo. Did a Ten Crack Commandments remake then put a moustachioed Big Pussy in the video for reasons that are entirely beyond me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVLDLod_eBA

>>66064082
I'd love that
>>
>>66062015
Aesop Rock is pseudo-intellectual bullshit, El-P does it much better IMO

Lil Ugly Mane is the best white rapper actually because even though his gangsta rap lyrics are ironic, they come from a true love and understanding of hip hop music/culture

Aesop just hung out with rappers, figured out he could talk really fast, dropped acid and grabbed a thesaurus, fuck that guy
>>
>>66057739
anyone should be allowed to do anything.
>>
>>66064896
Aesop's way better now than he was in the 90s/00s, his last two albums are actually pretty great.

Kinda wish Lil Ugly Mane would drop the irony.
>>
>>66065069
eh, his lyrics on Oblivion Access aren't ironic but the tape as a whole doesn't even compare to Mista Thug Isolation
>>
>>66065254
Yeah, MTI is definitely better than OA. What do you think of the shit on The Weeping Worm (Hideous Disfigurements, Passion Sceptre, etc.)?
>>
>>66057924
Peach Panther is so disappointing.
>>
>>66065292
hit/miss, I think Passion Sceptre is his best verse overall but Hideous Disfigurements was cringeworthy for me, the rest of the tracks were pretty old I think, On Doing an Evil Deed Blues has some of his best lyrics too
>>
Rap is by default fucking trash and anyone who thinks it's good needs to kill themselves tbqhf. Also, what's up with all these self-hating whites in here? Oh that's right, you've been brainwashed by trash.
>>
>>66057739
But Paul's Boutique is better than all the shit niggers make.
>>
File: hidethewomenandchildren.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hidethewomenandchildren.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
remember when people were trying to push lil dicky here? it was after fantano blew him the fuck out in his review of professional rapper

we shut that shit right down

lil dicky fans know they're not welcome here
>>
Should black people be allowed to make rock music considering how bad their track record with it is?
>>
>>66057924
Does a good picture of this man exist?
>>
>>66057739
Cunninlynguists are pretty decent
>>
>>66057739
/mu/ everyone. Debating on whether or not wiggers are better than niggers.
>>
>>66066573
Top b8 m8
>>
Aesop Rock has only gotten better while most of his contemporaries, white or black, have degraded beyond repair.
>>
El-P is better than most "black" rappers.
>>
>>66061629
Underrated comment. However, there are a lot of good white rappers. E.g. EL-P, Aesop Rock, Eminem, etc.
>>
Should black people be able to play classical or rock even though, to my knowledge, there aren't any black classical composers of note? Should whites be allowed to play blues or jazz, even if they've done well with both and made their own styles of it? Should uneducated people be allowed to have opinions even though they don't have any idea whatsoever they're talking about? Yes, fucking white people should be allowed to rap and black people can sing Elvis songs if they want, even if they're shit at it or have a bad track record with it. And to the guy that suggested a test for skill: that would be ridiculous and time consuming, especially since it would only even be effective if it was done with every genre, which, funnily enough, would make music worse.
Good bait, got me to respond and was irrational enough to piss me off while still being believable. If it's not bait, then Jesus fuck, you need to think some.
>>
>>66058133
>Jew
>white
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.