[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anco Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 350x350
Let's talk animal collective. Fav album? Least fav? Salty about Painting With? Listen to Live at The Ritz if so, it could change your mind!
>>
>STGSTV, Painting With, kinda

Animal Crack Box is sweet. I'm at Prospect Hummer next, and that's the last release of theirs I haven't heard (outside of random live albums).
>>
>>66049579
I don't think that a live album could change peoples' opinion on the studio record, but I agree, their work on this tour really brings the songs to life
>>
>>66049613
I'm so fucking jealous, I wish I could unhear Prospect Hummer just to experience it for the first time again, you're in for quite a treat, especially if you're already a Vashti fan
>>
>>66049579
Always struggled to answer the "favorite album" question. I believe I've answered it with almost every anco album up to this point.

Why is Slippi the most underrated anco track?
Here Comes the Indian / Sung Tongs / Feels will probably always stick with me the most tho.
>>
>>66049693
Slippi is fucking fantastic, HCTI as a whole is super underrated, I'd put it above feels/sung tongs/strawberry jam honestly
>>
>>66049830
the last, acapella part of slippi has always been a highlight of the record imo
>>
>>66049901
BA DA DA DA DA DA BA DA DA DA DA DA
>>
>>66049628
I was at the Fonda show that got taped and honestly half the songs I wasn't vibing with from the album were some of my favorites from that night
Lying in the Grass has this whole extended noisy dance jam at the end that was probably one of the high points of the entire night, and that's one of my least favorites from the album by far.

I don't think they're really worthy of "saving the album" for anyone, but they act similarly to the Live at 9:30 album in that they do a good job of showing the songs at their best and fullest and I think regardless are definitely worth checking out

Also a soundboard recording of live Alvin Row

This alone still blows my mind; a year ago it would just been a bad joke
>>
Favorite Painting With track?

For me it's The Burglars.
>>
>>66050538
I caught them in Boston, totally agree this tour was fantastic. Saw them after CHz and that show was substantially worse in my opinion, though I do like 9:30 a lot. Alvin Row was unbelievable, I cried, I had no clue it was coming, the show I saw was just three days after the album came out.
>>
>>66050580
spilling guts/vertical/recycling, I can't choose.
I also really like Hounds of Bairro, dunno if that counts though.
>>
>>66050538
>>66050599
Daily Routine was also immense, I couldn't recover from it for a few songs after
>>
>>66050580
I thought it was kind of silly/cheesy on the album. Then I saw it live and now I love it.
>>
>>66050580
Burglars, Summing The Wretch, Golden Gal
>>
>>66050658
Definitely, wasn't surprised to see all the "I'm stoned out of my mind and literally feeling the vibes with my hands up" types during the end part, but it was still hard not to get caught up in it all
>>
>>66050758
Summing the wretch is underrated af, nice pick
>WATCH
>IT
>WATCH
>YOU
>WATCH
>IT
>WRETCH
>>
>fave album
Spirit
>least fav
HCTI only because I haven't listened to it a lot, it has yet to connect with me
>Salty
Naw, why would I be salty about a creative psychedelic dance record?
Plus the live show is 10/10 amazing
>>
>>66050960
Glad to see there are still true anco fans who can appreciate the old and the new
You should really give HCTI a few more tries though, it's their most emotionally raw work in my opinion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.