[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>heavily filtered mumbling "vocals" while the bare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
>heavily filtered mumbling "vocals" while the bare bones instrumental drones on for like 4 minutes

Did people in 2010 actually think this shit was okay?
>>
File: readImage.jpg (20 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
20 KB, 412x351
>>66048954
yes..
we didn't have the internet back then summer child
>>
2016 was SIX YEARS AGO
>>
>he doesn't like the vocoder in Runaway
Just end it now senpai
>>
File: 5436.jpg (16 KB, 311x299) Image search: [Google]
5436.jpg
16 KB, 311x299
>>66048954
>mbdtf
>bare bones instrumental
>>
The last fucking thing anyone could say about MBDTF is barebones instrumentals
>>
>>66048954
>heavily filtered
Have you never heard of a fucking vocoder before?
>>
>>66048954
Literally best part of the album if you only understand music by what can be wrote on a piece of paper you are missing the point.
>>
>>66049092
>>66049131
The second half of Runaway is one of the most boring moments on the album, largely because of the instrumental. It's the same four piano notes that play throughout the entire song, a looped 10 second string part on a basic as fuck chord prog. It's the definition of bare bones, and 100% filler.

The rest of the album has good instrumentals, but this particular moment is a fucking insult. You can get every detail of the backing track in 30 seconds and then you're stuck listening to it for another 3 minutes after that.

>>66049132
Couldn't think of the word, my bad.

>>66049142
Hit me with your high school literature surface level analysis of what the 3 minute vocoder solo "means", fampai.
>>
The vocoder bit is the most emotional part of the album, i.e. the best part.
>>
>>66049170
Ehhh all I will say is art doesn't have to be efficient.
>>
>>66048954
Literally my favorite song and moment in music
>>
maybe music isnt made to entertain you specifically and shit you find great is awful and generic and boring to other people

maybe subjectivity exists
>>
>>66049801
>>
>>66049170
>second half of runaway
>boring
Pick one
>>
File: 1395813571471.png (556 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
1395813571471.png
556 KB, 525x525
Wow MBDTF was released almost six years ago, it feels like it was just yesterday the endless shitposting about it happened
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.