[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This band is 2deep4u faggot. Just give up and stop pretending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg (93 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg
93 KB, 400x355
This band is 2deep4u faggot.

Just give up and stop pretending you understand shit.
>>
it's fucking 10 minute nu-metal songs
>>
>>66046691
nice argument kid
>>
>>66046697
enjoy your nu-metal, kid
stupid tool fan
>>
>>66046684
Great band, but very easy to get into. It's a good gateway to other progressive bands that are a bit less easy to get.
>>
>>66046707
enjoy your Grimes and Arctic Monkeys and pleb life you emo cunt
>>
So what does nu mean even mean now, if anything?
>>
>>66046718
>a bit less easy to get
Does this affect the quality of band? Don't think so.

Mascarading behind 2deep4u bullshit is old tactics and very gay one.

Dream Theater for example is not 2deep4u, they are down to earth like every true talented band(or any person). Humbleness is the key.
>>
>>66046729
its probably the way underage edgy cunts call something they don't like just like underage edgy cunts on /pol/ or /b/ use "cuck" while being permavirgins themselves
>>
>>66046727
I've never listened to a song by them ever

>>66046729
>>66046750
How don't you know what nu-metal means? jesus christ youre underage typical tool fan
>>
>>66046792
No but this is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlCC1GOwFw
>>
>>66046684
from what I can tell, the only real reasons some/a lot of people don't like tool are that they either hate some or all of the production, or they scoff at people who claim tool are >2deep4ufagut
>>
>>66046691
>Nu metal
>>
>>66046819
How isn't it? bands like helmet and tool are the fathers of butt-metal / nu-metal
>>
>>66046741
I can't get over the fact that DT has so shitty album covers. Even if they aren't that bad holy fuck I can't take them seriously.
>>
>>66046833
What can I say except to hope that you outgrow your stupid prejudices some day or you will miss out other great stuff in life, not just DT.
>>
>>66046831

No, Primus and Korn are the fathers of Nu-Metal, Primus because they influenced just about every important Nu Metal act, (Korn and Limp Bizkit) and Korn because they directly invented it.
>>
>>66046847
I already listen to tool, yes and Pink Floyd, that's enough progressive.

But yeah will give them a shot.

Still, they should fire the asshole who makes the covers. Holy shit
>>
>>66046831
You are obviously trolling or don't know shit. Either way you don't have a say in this with those noob arguments.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb1tsdkRj3k
>>
>>66046831
Holy fuck. I guess you are an avid black metal listener you don't know shit
>>
Tool has some good albums. That's all that matters, isn't it?
>>
>>66046884
>some
>>
>>66046900
Yep, some.
>>
>>66046900
Lateralis
10000 days
Ubdertow

What's your point
>>
>>66046922
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that you are God of all tastes.
Can you name which ones pls so we can all follow.
>>
>>66046741
Dream Theater is just bad in my opinion.
It's not a question of "deep", but liking music is pretty much an acquired taste. I won't give Larks' Tongues in Aspic or Kind of blue to someone who never listened to some progressive rock or some jazz.
>>
>>66046684
>tool fan
>>
Every fucking song is d minor. Just the rhythmics are kinda interesting.
>>
>>66046867
>noob arguments
typical tool fan
how old are you fucking 14?
>>
File: 1440940717851.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1440940717851.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>tool fans
>>
>>66046684
That's not AEnima
>>
I like Tool. Their guitar tone is amazing, and the atmospheres are really cool. The talent these guys have is also very impressive.

that said, their fans are extremely annoying, and I hate pretty much every single other band associated with them (other prog bands, associated acts, every band their fans like)
>>
>>66046684
every song is about Maynard's dick and his uncontrollable whim to have sex dumbo
>>
Tool is a bit pretentious. And also kind of whiny to me. But I've listened only to 10,000 Days
>>
>>66046858
don't forget Faith No More
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn0QgHwYobE
>>
>>66049833
Came here to post this.
>>
>>66049833
Ha!
>>
>there are people ITT who think Tool isn't nu-metal
holy shit i'm sorry for your parents
>>
this is objectively a good song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6oYT56kfg
>>
>>66046831
nu metal isnt really the same as the larger umbrella alt/indie metal
nu metal isnt bad either, btw
>>
>>66046729
metal with syncopated riffs and rapping
>>
>>66052053
As if calling them a genre makes me think of them differently. They aren't though.

>there are people in the thread that think Tool isn't Math Rock
>>
>>66052386
so... literally tool?
>>
>>66052458
>rapping
not really
>>
tool is shit

i don't know why people shit themselves for this soft rock drone fest.
>>
avant-butt metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXrgASzf50
>>
File: #heckinbaby.jpg (2 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
#heckinbaby.jpg
2 KB, 117x125
great thread
>>
File: MAYNARDISGOD.jpg (401 KB, 1500x1178) Image search: [Google]
MAYNARDISGOD.jpg
401 KB, 1500x1178
>>
>>66052630
jumpdafuckup!
>>
>>66046684
why did they even release a version with the fucking shittiest cover in the world when the original was Sick, Nice, and Cool
>>
>>66052347
its actually two songs faggot

god /mu/tants are idiots, its like you don't even realize the gift tool has given us with their music. all you care about is the next big bleep bloop that can push their buttons faster
>>
>>66052630
I knew someone just like this and they were the cutest person in the world. they were like a tumblr superstar in 2013. idk where they are now
>>
>>66052762
>idk where they are now
probably still dwelling in their parents basement or working construction and barely making rent
>>
>>66052588
ayyyyy
>>
>>66052803
They're like 18 or 19 so I suppose that's apt. Not sure why I brought it up. Just got really excited thinking about it you know.

Lateralus is a great song.
>>
>>66052846
>Lateralus is a great song
>purposefully singing out of pocket just to name drop a mathematical equation
>>
Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade 'cause I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, and
Someone who would die for me.

Fuck I have some hipster ass pretentious tastes these days, but I still love me some tool.
Is it wrong to enjoy music? You guys make me feel like I have to take this shit with business-like seriousness, but you'll slam poorly produced indie and purely commercial Kpop down my throat.

You fags are a parody of yourselves.
>>
File: 1391611937065.gif (36 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
1391611937065.gif
36 KB, 600x798
>>66052906
keep typing tripfag, everyone loves you
>>
File: 1455989813129.jpg (24 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
1455989813129.jpg
24 KB, 384x395
This thread is the most autistic thing I've seen today
>>
>>66052906
Once again I am baffled by people's hatred of kpop threads. No one talks about kpop outside of them. They are sequestered and will never bother you.
>>
>>66052953
im uk m8
>>
>>66046684
soft rock dronefest
>>
>>66052630
>missing nipple rings
do you even listen to tool
>>
It's true that sometimes the image the band projects is super edgy, and some of the lyrics in the albums get kinda boring and inmature (le pot lmao), but Lateralus is a legitimately great album, it has good lyrics, interesting music and it is sincere. It carries a postitive and simple message (for example, the grudge is about letting go) If people think that is the most intelligent band ever and they are special enlighted beings by listening to it, that's because they lack perspective and are egotistical fucks, but that doesn't mean that in their own right the music lacks some value. I quite like it, listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtHAKEZzrl8
If you don't like it thats cool, but I think saying it's shit just because the bullshit it's asociated with is unfair.
>>
Just watch the fucking youtube videos where they explain the meaning behind Lateralus and 46 & 2. BAM, now you understand Tool.
>>
cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger fucknigger shitnigger bitchnigger cuntnigger
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.