[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about Tyler the creator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
What does /mu/ think about Tyler the creator?
>>
i love him so much that i even bought a cherry bomb
>>
He has amazing ability, but he wastes it with ADHD nonsense albums that have terrible flow and on experimental crap. It's stuff like Cherry Bomb, the few tracks where he actually raps are good, but his attempts at singing and Stevie Wonder/Death Grips rip offs are just painfully bad.

If the dude just made a straight through rap album and brought in some other producers/musicians to work with it would be great. He's an incredible rapper and lyricist when he tries, but it's wasted on songs about tacos and shit.

Basically, dude should just work on an album of straight through bangers with a few slower introspective rap songs. Stop trying to branch off endlessly into new directions that don't work very well.
>>
>>66046396
>>66046409
>>66046470
>This is /mu/ in 2016
Fucking kill myself baka
>>
>>66046482
>this was /mu/ when odd future came out
literally nothing has changed for 6 years
>>
A terrible, two-bit Masta Ace rip off for the ipod generation. Without the humor.
>>
File: mane.png (318 KB, 462x350) Image search: [Google]
mane.png
318 KB, 462x350
>>66046409
I thought Fucking Young / Perfect was pretty good myself. Smuckers is still the best track off Cherry Bomb. He's incredibly talented at production and I hope he spends more time on his lyrics to keep up with his improvement in other fields.
>>66046482
Probably a good idea t b h
>>
>>66046470
Flat out agree. I want OF back.
>>
Remember when odd future first blew up, and all those white college hipsters were were spouting GOLF WANG and making FREE EARL videos...
That was somd next-level cringe.
>>
>>66046724
no...
>>
insance clown posse + a nigger = death grips
dg - the white trash = tyler the creator
>>
>>66046396
I don't, if I can help it.
>>
>>66046653
Though they started the whole scene, even Bastard, Goblin, and the OF tapes had their share of crap throwaway tracks. When tyler is good he's really good, when he's bad, he's awful.

Like you could go through his albums and probably show together an amazing full length album. But as individual albums they're all a bit lacking
>>
>>66046470
agreed, I mean just listen to his newer ones "Fuck it" and "What the fuck right now", they're amazing and he could do so much more like that, unfortunately he keeps stating that he "doesn't like rapping like that".
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.