[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm having some issues with these headphones (akg k240
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: AKG K240 Studio.jpg (136 KB, 796x1070) Image search: [Google]
AKG K240 Studio.jpg
136 KB, 796x1070
So I'm having some issues with these headphones (akg k240 studio). I really like their sound overall, but anytime I try to get any good bass out of them they start clipping. I have a USB headphone amp (FiiO Olympus 2) that has a +3db bass boost which I use from time to time and I use Equalizer APO to tweak the sound for tinnitus prevention and a small bass/mid boost. Even without the boost from Equalizer these cans are bad about clipping. It's like if the volume is low they don't clip obviously but when it gets to an enjoyable listening level where you can actually feel the bass and the music they distort and start clipping which is pretty annoying. Should I just save up and get some different possibly higher impedance headphones better suited for bass frequencies to make just listening more enjoyable (got these for production) or is there a way to get some good bass out of these without clipping?
>>
Have you tried switching the gain from low to high on the dac?
>>
>>66037425
You know what...I think I set it to high and never bothered to test it on low. I'll try that now!
>>
>>66037425
This seems to have helped the problem. The funny thing now is that I have to have the preamp on Equalizer APO set to +20db to get the volume good but it works so hey. Thanks! I completely forgot about the gain switch.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.