[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like this shitty band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: slowdive.jpg (166 KB, 1200x724) Image search: [Google]
slowdive.jpg
166 KB, 1200x724
Why do people like this shitty band?
>>
Shut the fuck up already you've posted this thread how many times? I don't even care about Slowdive I just care about you being a tumor.
>>
>>66028667
Twentyone Pilots blurryface!
The fishmans Long Season
Jason Aldean Old boots new DIRT!!
Grimes Art angels

any more memes i'm missing before i post in a classic shit thread?
>>
Because they like good quality shoegaze/dreampop.
>>
>>66028710
What do you have against Long Season
>>
>>66028721
>good quality
just listen to galaxie 500 or cocteau twins
>>
>>66028667
>the whole second half of Primal

I know people put down Just For A Day and for fair reason but the last 3 minutes of the album is some of the best stuff they've done
>>
File: Pygmalion.jpg (61 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Pygmalion.jpg
61 KB, 1200x1200
poor man's Laughing Stock
>>
Which is worse, Slowdive or Cardiacs? I vote Slowdive, though Cardiacs are pretty bad too.
>>
>>66028710
Why and when did Long Season become a meme? It's a genuinely good album.
>>
>>66028909
>bump
>6 minutes after last post

agree with OP. Popped up one day all of the sudden, now I see it all the time.
>>
File: Meme Music.jpg (541 KB, 1644x1120) Image search: [Google]
Meme Music.jpg
541 KB, 1644x1120
How accurate is this?
>>
>>66028667
Because of
>Crazy For You
>Catch The Breeze
>Erik's Song
>Waves
>Primal
>Melon Yellow
>40 Days
>Souvlaki Space Station
>When The Sun Hits
>>
>>66029135
All of these songs are bad.
>>
>>66029124
89% accurate

Souvlaki isn't even being posted that often anymore

Don't know what retard came up with the idea suddenly making Slowdive a meme again. There is absolutely no reason for that. It's classic /mu/core and that's it.
>>
>>66029144
>not respecting brian eno's amazingly lush production on dreamy melancholic songs of souvlaki
You must hate dreamy shoegaze, because it doesn't get much better in that genre
>>
>>66029173
I love dreamy shoegaze. I hate Slowdive.
>>
>>66029190
>likes dreamy shoegaze
>hates Slowdive, THE dreamy shoegaze band
Are you just mad Rachel Goswell won't sleep with you or something because you don't make any sense here
>>
>>66029258
Rachel Goswell is fucking ugly. Shit tier waifu.
>>
>>66029282
4chan: the post
>>
>>66029258
chill dude he's just memeing for some /r/4chan screencaps
>>
>>66029190

>>>/reddit.com/r/4chan
>/MU/ gets #Trolled by an epic master!
>>
>>66029258
Not the same anon, but his opinion is a plausible one...

I personally like Slowdive, but they aren't rooted in hardcore and punk like MBV or some other shoegazers, and it can get a little too soft for me. Shoegaze should be a little more melancholy, have a little more outsider edge...

Shoegaze for me should have a little hardcore, post-punk, psych pop, and post-rock buried beneath all the pretty layers.

I personally really love the sounds a band like Swirlies makes. A lot of tone-bending and aggressive distortion but still held together with that lilting, swaying shoegaze vibe. Slowdive in comparison are just a little too neat and tidy - except on a song like Souvlaki Space Station which is more the stuff I'm into.
>>
>>66029357
this comment in itself is more /r/4chan than what he posted. Disgusting
>>
>>66029536
That's the point?
>>
MBV is the only good shoegaze band
>>
>>66029738
this
>>
>>66029754
*is incorrect

sorry, hit "Post" before I finished typing
>>
because that woman in the middle is qt
>>
>>66029738
It's probably only one of a handful you've listened to
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.