[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some recs for industrial, all I know is this and the broken ep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: nin-the-downward-spiral.png (828 KB, 807x807) Image search: [Google]
nin-the-downward-spiral.png
828 KB, 807x807
Need some recs for industrial, all I know is this and the broken ep
>>
>>66024439
swans filth and theres a chart for this
http://www.muessentials.com/
>>
>>66024439
for industrial rock Ministry, Killing Joke. Skinny Puppy and Godflesh
for general industrial Throbbing Gristle (the band who gave birth to the term industrial), Einsturzende Neubauten, SPK, Severed Heads, Clock DVA, Cabaret Voltaire, DAF and Coil
>>
File: Fear-Factory-Demanufacture-cover.jpg (479 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fear-Factory-Demanufacture-cover.jpg
479 KB, 1000x1000
FEAR
A
C
T
O
R
Y
>>
>>66024528
This. Also, Trent is a big fan of Test Dept. so check them out too.

Also, if you want NIN copycats check out Filter, Sister Machine Gun, Prick (produced by Trent), 2wo (prod. by Trent), KMFDM and Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar (prod. by Trent).

The Young Gods, PIG, Foetus, Cop Shoot Cop and 10,000 Homo DJs are also great.

Vampire Rodents are massively underrated. Be sure to check out Lullaby Land.
>>
>>66024557
Oh, yeah forgot about fear factory, use to listen to them a lot in high school.
>>
>>66024528
How does Coil fit into industrial music in general? I know about their connections to TG/Psychic TV and I've been listening to their later-period albums a lot recently and they're amazing but I wouldn't expect albums like MTPITD2 and Black Antlers to be classified as industrial. Does it just have to do more with their earlier work like Horse Rotorvator and Scatology?

Also - are there any other bands that do weird electronic atmospheric stuff like they do?
>>
>>66025773
>Does it just have to do more with their earlier work like Horse Rotorvator and Scatology?
Pretty much.

> are there any other bands that do weird electronic atmospheric stuff like they do?
You're gonna have to be way more specific. Coil did a lot of different stuff after all.
>>
>>66024439
Ape of Naples.
>>
File: 20 Jazz Funk Greats.jpg (174 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
20 Jazz Funk Greats.jpg
174 KB, 600x598
>>66024439
>>
File: 1450634210185.jpg (681 KB, 1347x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450634210185.jpg
681 KB, 1347x1600
Even though the albums chosen are a bit contrarian the list of artists themselves is quite good.
>>
>>66025773
>are there any other bands that do weird electronic atmospheric stuff like they do?
Sleep Chamber
Atrium Carceri
Katarrhaktes
Pneumatic Detach
>>
>>66028652
Looks pretty good.
>>
File: KMFDM_-_Symbols.png (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
KMFDM_-_Symbols.png
71 KB, 300x300
>>66024938
>KMFDM
>Copycat
>Have been around almost 10 years longer than NIN

Start with KMFDM Symbols (pictured here) and then go listen to NIHIL, XTORT, WWIII, and any of the other 20 albums they have.
>>
>>66024439
Listen to Too Dark Park and Last Rights by Skinny Puppy back to back, then get into some real industrial, like Dogs Blood Rising by Current 93.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.