[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Artists that will die in the next year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
ITT: Artists that will die in the next year
>>
>>
>>66022493
Why does he always make that stupid face?
>>
>>66022393
Nnnno!
>>
>yfw Brian's voice now
>>
>>66022393
He dies in December, I'm calling it. Screen cap this.
>>
File: badvibrations.jpg (47 KB, 375x469) Image search: [Google]
badvibrations.jpg
47 KB, 375x469
>>66022800
>the dubs of truth
fuck...
>>
>>66022393
Honestly surprised he's still alive
>>
>>66022393
Honestly if you saw that coming in the direction of your children, you'd grab them and run away in a panic.
>>
File: 1461493073868.jpg (141 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1461493073868.jpg
141 KB, 500x499
>>66022393
>>
>>66022393
Holy shit poor guy
I'm gonna kill myself before I get old
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxixIbONuCQ

Oh...god...
>>
>>66022950
BTW apparently Chuck Berry did retire from performing this past year after his last tour was just a total and complete embarrassment at every gig. His kids/grandkids were trying to milk the poor old bastard for every last cent they could, but eventually they had to throw in the towel.
>>
>>66022941
>her
>>
>>66022950
I wonder how he feels playing that same song for 60 years
>>
>>66022950
Jesus, how does old age make you lose your talent to that extent? Kind of amazes me
>>
http://www.riverfronttimes.com/musicblog/2015/01/08/chuck-berry-hasnt-played-his-monthly-blueberry-hill-gig-since-october

""He's taking a pause during the winter weather," confirms Edwards. For his Blueberry Hill gigs, Berry -- who owns two homes in the St. Louis area [one in Ladue and one just outside of Wentzville] -- always drives himself in.

"He never left St. Louis," Edwards says. "Born and raised here. Other superstars moved out, but he never did."

Wait a second, a guy in THIS condition >>66022950 was allowed to get behind the wheel of a car?
>>
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chuck-berry-praises-obama-laments-fading-voice-20121027

Sounds like Alzheimer's alright.
>>
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/jul/06/should-fans-get-refund-for-substandard-concerts/
>>
>>66023194
>>66023157
Honestly its really sad. To know what he was like in his prime, as a rock and roll icon, now reduced to a barely moving husk of his former self.
>>
>>66023194
"Sadly, the once-great Berry's concerts have been notoriously erratic for years, regardless of his health. He declines to do pre-show soundchecks, does not rehearse with the local pickup band hired to back him and does not provide a set list of songs to said band before or during his performances. He also is averse to having his guitar be in tune. None of these factors apparently were taken into account in the Kuluttajariitalautakunta ruling."

Actually he's always been like that. He didn't rehearse with local bands or give them songlists back in 1972. That's not related to his age/health, that's just Chuck being Chuck.
>>
>>66022941
>she
>>
Chuck hasn't tried since the 70s anyway. By the Reagan years, he started phoning everything in and not playing any new material anymore. He became more of an entertainer than a musician.
>>
>tfw Pete Townshend is still doing the powerslide at the end of Won't Get Fooled Again and he's fucking 71
>>
>>66023437
I hope I die before I get old
>>
>>66023437
I'm astonished at how well he's held up physically (well, aside from his hearing) given the sheer number of shows they've done and the intensity of them (there was nothing else on Earth quite like a Who concert in 1971). By all logic, him and Roger shouldn't even be able to get up on stage at all anymore.

Kiss are younger than them and they're a sad joke now who play at like 25 bpm as Paul Stanley gurgles unintelligeable stuff from his crispy-fried vocal cords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8P-HQGEic
>>
>>66023633
Well, half the band hasn't.
>>
>>66023644
:'(
>>
>>66023633
Then again, Pete's playing is pretty easy and nontechnical since he's never been able to do much of anything but spam power chords. I pointed out before in a Judas Priest thread that Glenn Tipton is visibly struggling with a lot of their songs in the last few years, especially the really technical stuff like Painkiller.
>>
>>66023722
Pete certainly wasn't the best guitar player of his generation, but he wasn't skilless. Either way his true talent was songwriting.
>>
>>66023722
That doesn't explain why Kiss are awful now. Their songs are simple and pretty piss easy to play (just basic 3 chord guitars).
>>
>>66023815
1. They don't care about anything anymore except Gene's lust for more and more shekels--a lot of times they don't even bother tuning their instruments properly now
2. As I understand it, the main reason why they have to slow down the tempos now is because of Paul's voice--it's so bad that he's not able to sing along to the songs at their original speed.
>>
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815478

>is Metallica more technical than JP
You've got to be kidding me. Metallica didn't learn or develop a single new technique after the second album. Other than speed (and they never got as fast as Slayer and Megadeth did) they have nothing else going for them.
>>
>>66023722
I mean yeah, the guitar style Townshend is famous for is rhythm rather than lead (since Entwistle was the one playing lead on the bass), but there are plenty of times where he steps into a lead position and plays every bit as well as his famed contemporaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03a-EYvifU (see 4:20 onwards)
>>
>>66023915
Woodstock was like their worst show though
>>
>>66023943
>The festival ran late and the Who did not take to the stage until the early morning of 17 August. During "Pinball Wizard", Abbie Hoffman took to the stage to protest about the imprisonment of John Sinclair before being kicked offstage by Townshend, while during "See Me, Feel Me", the sun rose, almost as if on cue.
>their worst show
lol no
>>
>>66022947
Or you could just eat a healthy diet and not ruin your body with drugs
>>
>>66023960
Pete having anger issues is nothing new
Anyone who walked onstage got a face full of guitar
>>
>>66023961
Guess he shoulda eaten some vega-tables
>>
File: kate-bush.jpg (38 KB, 340x425) Image search: [Google]
kate-bush.jpg
38 KB, 340x425
Obesity related death. Cap this.
>>
>>66023972
But the sun rising during the climax of Tommy is one of the most legendary moments of live rock performances
>>
File: 1467046561110.png (775 KB, 715x535) Image search: [Google]
1467046561110.png
775 KB, 715x535
>>66023977
Fuck. Dubs confirm.
>>
Bernie Worrell died not so long ago and now I'm horribly worried that Bootsie Collins or Georges Clinton will be next.
>>
>>66022941
>it
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.