[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is Freetown Sound? 4 stars from RS and BNT from p4k.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Blood-Orange-Freetown-Sound.jpg (572 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Orange-Freetown-Sound.jpg
572 KB, 2048x2048
How good is Freetown Sound? 4 stars from RS and BNT from p4k.
>>
>>66012802
Very good. Incoming 8.8.
>>
>>66012826
I think 8.8 is a good bet. I like the production a lot, but the songs/hooks aren't that memorable for me. I loved Cupid Deluxe, but the songwriting is a little more abstract on this one, TBD whether that's a good thing.
>>
P. amazing, easily the best R&B album this side of Anderson Paak and Kaytranda.
>>
>>66012894
Yeah R&B and hip-hop are having a banner year.
>>
>>66012870
The parts that are memorable for me:

>Augustine:
Nontetha
We heard it all from you
Nontetha
We waited here for you

>E.V.P.:
Choosing what you live for
It's never what you make your life
How could you know
If you're squandering your passion for another?
Do you ever think, boy?
Or does it just feel better alone?
Feeling the comfort of sadness in a new set of surroundings

>Hands Up:
Do you ever try and face yourself, goodnight
Or is it easier with your friend?
Pretend your friend's enough to end
>>
Can someone give me a mega link? Archives down.
>>
>>66013288
Probably not what you're after, but you can stream it in 320kbs here.
>inb4 Spotify pleb
https://open.spotify.com/album/3Z2XUjgVj5ZkCGpU7b2qtY
>>
>>66012826
true, but kinda goofy that they rate Miguel so much higher even though this has better compositions, vocal performances, and conceptual focus.

Best to You is SOTY
>>
>Buzzwords in intro track
>P4K praises it as brave and intelligent

When will this shit end?
>>
@66013722
when you stop going to p4k
>>
>>66013492
fair enough
>>
>>66013722
I mean one could probably reduce your political beliefs to buzzwords as well, just because you don't agree with the message of the album doesn't mean those words don't have meaning etc.....

ANYWAYS back to what actually matters, the music and not a 30 second spoken word bit of one song, the compositions are incredibly knotty and strong, the production is warm and lush, I think the concept/aesthetic as a whole works a LOT better than Cupid Deluxe did.
>>
i liked the Augustine single.

i don't so much care for social/political lyrics so I think il give it a miss
>>
On my first listen now. I didn't like Cupid Deluxe, I thought it was too goofy, I couldn't take it seriously. I wish Sandra's Smile was on this album - incredible song
>>
starting now
>>
>>66017117
>i don't so much care for social/political lyrics so I think il give it a miss

There's like 2 songs like that. Other than that there's just an underlying theme of black pride.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.