[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Band names misleading you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: loveless.jpg (117 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
117 KB, 660x660
MBV really misled me because I associated it with bullet for my valentine and assumed it was either screamo/emo at first. Same thing with NIN, I assumed it was entirely heavy metal. Any other examples?
>>
Grimes
>>
>>66002490
I thought Grimes would be grime
>>
Bullet For My Valentine > My Bloody Valentine
>>
>>66002502
>>66002490
I assumed it was a sludge metal band or something, then I saw the art angels cover and assumed it was weeb music.
>>
I never checked out Deerhunter until a few weeks ago because I thought it was The Dear Hunter, and I don't like The Dear Hunter.
>>
>>66002436
For years I thought NIN was a generic metal band.
>>
OP here, I only today read about NIN after seeing a Trent Reznor me me that said "hey look I made an ambient album". I'm very intrigued as to what they're like. What am I in for?
>>
>>66002570
wait.. I'm confused
>>
>>66002621
if you go chronologically, angst but then shit

you can actually pinpoint the exact moment when reznor stops hating himself
>>
>>66002706
Basically:
/mu/: Deerhunter is good.
me: They probably mean The Dear Hunter. I don't like The Dear Hunter.

And that's why I never listened to Deerhunter for some months. My post was a bit poorly worded I think.
>>
>>66002621
Their sound varies with each release but it's mostly industrial stuff. I'm not a huge fan but I like their more laid back and instrumental releases.
>>
>>66002763
>>66002570

What do you think of Deerhunter now that you've heard them?
>>
>>66002763
I've honestly been confusing the two as well...
>>
>>66002840
I like them a lot, Halcyon Digest in particular.
>>
I didn't listen to SMZ because I thought it was kike shit
>>
>>66002436
>MBV really misled me because I associated it with bullet for my valentine
I'm probably one of the few folks who discovered them late and DIDN'T make that mistake.

If you want to pick out plebs in your group quick, mention My Bloody Valentine and see who responds "Ew, I don't listen to screamo."
>>
>>66002436
I didn't listen to The Cure for a while because I thought it was just mall goth Beetlejuice shit.

The first time I listened to Disintegration I wanted to beat the shit out of my past self.
>>
>>66002868
One of my favorite albums for sure
>>
>>66002881
That's a very good point. My good friend listens to quite a range of music but didn't browse /mu/ (mainly found new music through /r/listentothis etc.) I asked recently if he had listened to MBV and he was like isn't that like enter shakari etc.
>>
They're my favorite band now but when I was younger I thought Alice in Chains would be a nu-metal band.
>>
>>66002996
I thought that too, I've been meaning to listen to them. That being said I thought Dinosaur Jr. was a psychedelic band or something similar because primus opened for them.
>>
30 Seconds to Mars sounds like a generic alternative rock band name - little did I know they were some of the most innovative creative geniuses to roam the earth
>>
I thought that Sunbather album was going to be deep house / indie dance. It was actually a bit of a let down, tee bee haich
>>
I thought slint was a heavy metal band, Also I thought the avalanches was going to be psychedelic
>>
File: wo.jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
wo.jpg
8 KB, 225x224
>>66003336

I confuse it with this
>>
>>66003539
I think this is a lot better than Sunbather. Maybe I wore myself down listening to Sunbather over and over and I've been a Deafheaven fan since when Roads to Judah was first released, but I've probably listened to within and without 100+ times and it hasn't gotten old. I can't even make it through a single track on Sunbather these days.
>>
>>66002436
i thought the stone roses would be more dad rock
>>
>>66002436
I didn't associate them with Bullet For My Valentine, MBV just sounds like an emo name.
>>
>>66003827
I guess they kind of sounded similar in my head. The only reason I listened to it was because I thought the cover looked interesting.
>>
I thought Have A Nice Life would be black or death metal based on their name and the Deathconciousness album cover
>>
>>66003718
W A S
H E D
O U T
>>
>>66003336
>haich
What country you from?
>>
>>66002518
horrible b8, try harder pls
>>
I thought Death Grips would be heavy or maybe black metal judging by their name, especially after looking at the artwork for TMS. I was pretty blown away when I first listened to Get Got
>>
>>66003896
Same but I still liked it
>>
>>66003336
I did the exact same thing, but I much preferred Sunbather to Washed Out
>>
Before I knew shit about music I assumed the Grateful Dead would be a metal band, especially since they have songs with titles like Touch of Grey and Friend of the Devil
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.