[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discogs >>>>> RYM = p4k = /mu/ >>> Twatano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Discogs-logo.png (84 KB, 794x794) Image search: [Google]
Discogs-logo.png
84 KB, 794x794
Discogs >>>>> RYM = p4k = /mu/ >>> Twatano
>>
>>66001827
Agreed. Discogs is the holy grail to find music.
>>
discogs >>> Sites that sell records (i.e. Juno, boomkat) >>> MP3 blogs >>> music news sites that focus on specific genres or scenes >>>>>> rym >>> other
>>
Rolling Stone >>> discogs desu
>>
rym > discogs > ethnic/obscure cassette blogspots > lastfm > music review sites (scaruffi >>>>>> fantano = p4k)
>>
>>66001827
Are recs and new releases based on lists or wantlists or what?
>>
Too bad the genre tags on discogs are fucking garbage
>>
i actually really like /mu/
not even kidding, you guys pretty much got me into all the music i love.
>>
>>66002377
Better than RYM or /mu/
>>
>>66002377
genrefying your taste is a bad idea
>>
>>66002398
Your taste will get better once you're not 18 anymore
>>
>>66002477
If i'm in the mood to find some krautrock, i'd like to find krautrock and not just some modern psych

If i'm in the mood for some free jazz, i want actually free jazz and not just some spiritual jazz thats a bit loose

etc
>>
>>66002377
Nah they're fine
>>
>>66002512
If you find something that's mislabeled, you can change it.
>>
>>66002512
euphoric post mate
>>
>>66002512
that's a very rigid mindset... genres aren't that simple
>>
>>66002558
Well aware. Still a pain tho, y'know?

>>66002577
It's not. There are pretty distinct differences between most genres
>>
>>66002677
well yes, there are differences

but you can't expect everything you hear to sound exactly like the genre its tagged as
>>
>>66001827
The recs at the bottom of each album / EP etc are really good
>>
>>66002739
andres new for u
jeff mills
wk7
head high
mathew jonson
knights of the jaguar
breaker 1 2

etc
>>
>>66002759
I was trying to explore modern funk/soul like Lack Of Afro on RYM earlier and every list just reverted back to just classic funk/soul; Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, the list goes on....

I've got a list of about 50 artists to check out now who are actually similar from an hour on Discogs.

Good shit.
>>
>>66002808
nice, i was just making fun of the recs for every techno/house record

discogs lists > rym lists
>>
>>66002904
please fucking kill yourself gene nobody likes you =)
>>
>>66002966
(not true by the way)
>>
>>66003009
>fucking turny
lmao
>>
>>66002677
>Still a pain tho, y'know?
Not too much of one. Making the change on discogs is far easier and less onerous than on rym.
>>
Discogs is a awful. They won't let you sell questionable music and live dvds/vhs/lds/wtc. Then the fees they charge when you try to sell are awful granted ebay isn't much better. The onyl good thing about discogs is being able to use it to keep an accurate trade list which mine is horribly out of date.
>>
RYM for rock only
Discogs for bleeps
Fantano for memerap
Pitchfork for indie and poptimism
>>
>>66004617
I love discogs for identifying editions of an album I want or have. I never use it to find music, though. I don't like the website layout.
>>
how do you even use discogs to find music? go on lists, see the "similar" stuff to an album? nice RYM accounts have much more good obscure stuff. many of the obscurities i've found on discogs are just bad
>>
>>66006864
label crawling, cursory searches etc
>>
>>66002904
>round one - i'm your brother

EVERY TIME
>>
>>66001827
out of those?
Discogs >>> RYM > /mu/ >>> Melon >>>>> p4k
>>
>>66006864
labels and make lists for new releases of artists or labels and shit
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.