[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your favorite bands/artists featuring your least favorite people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
File: e46e74af[1].jpg (167 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
e46e74af[1].jpg
167 KB, 658x439
I fucking love Godspeed

But I don't think Efrim could possibly fit this bill more perfectly.
>>
1. The Velvet Underground; Lou is a dick.
2. Pink Floyd; Roger is a cunt.
3. The Flaming Lips; Wayne is a douche.
4. Mercury Rev; Jonathan is a sleazeball.
5. The Grateful Dead; Bobby is a weirdo.
>>
File: DMST.jpg (65 KB, 460x308) Image search: [Google]
DMST.jpg
65 KB, 460x308
Do Mae Say Think. I've never seen an interview or anything, but some of them seem unlikeable

>>65968248
What's wrong with Efrim, besides the political shit

>>65968466
Definitely the Flaming Lips
>>
>>65968466
i will never understand why people think that about Lou. he just liked to mess people up.
>>
>>65968531
>What's wrong with Efrim, besides the political shit

He's a hypocrite, for one thing. I remember Radiohead asked them if they'd like to tour with them when they did Kid A (when Sigur Ros opened for them instead), and Efrim wrote this long ass stupid rant about how bullshit Radiohead was and how they were "hypocrites" for being anti-corporate and still playing large arenas and being signed to a major label etc.

And then GYBE went and opened for NIN on tour in giant corporate arenas, lol

He's just a loudmouth dickhead in general, he's stuck alllllll the way up his own asshole. He seems to love being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, and that's one of the most annoying things to me for whatever reason.
>>
>>65968466
Wayne Coyne has been such a giant disappointment of a human being this whole decade.

Like, I want to know really how the rest of the Flaming Lips feel about being subjected to having to collaborate with Wayne's newest popstar fuckbuddy (Miley, Kesha...)

[ps: what has jonathan from mercury rev done]
>>
>>65968248
Did that leak of all lights fucked turn out to be real?
>>
>>65968806
From when? If it's from like a couple years ago you're talking about, I'm pretty sure it was not...

I think maybe one song may have made its way to youtube though? I did forget about that, I think it was confirmed somebody did have the tape though.
>>
>>65968622
Lol he's had kids since then

Watch "Come Worry with Us!", he bitches about money nonstop in it, and all the band members in A Silver Mt. Zion have to chip in for his kid's nanny.
>>
>>65968946
oh boy, that sounds like it has to be entertaining one way or another lol. thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out tonight here in a bit.
>>
File: actually a living dick.jpg (39 KB, 454x450) Image search: [Google]
actually a living dick.jpg
39 KB, 454x450
I do like Black Flag but how could one man become such an ass and a hypocrite is beyond me.
>>
>>65968466
how is wayne a dick? guy seems incredibly nice.
>>
>>65969104
Who wants to break it to him?
>>
>>65969070
That's not Greg Ginn.
>>
>>65968946
>>65969045
just watched the trailer btw, man that's some heavy shit actually.

(but also, lol'd hard @ his kid's full name. "Steamtrain" lmao)
>>
>>65969070
that file name though fucking lol
>>
>>65969128
c-can you? be gentle anonkun
>>
>>65968907
Not sure, I just downloaded off of the archive recently, and the track lists are the same and it sounds just about how I'd think old GYBE to sound.
>>
>>65969258
Just off the top of my head...

Cheated on his wife, then openly mocked/taunted and generally trolled her very publicly about it on twitter for a while and such

forced collabs with people like Kesha and Miley Cyrus on the rest of the band as mentioned before, which their drummer actually recently said was a factor in his leaving the band (or whatever that ended up being)

Used nude footage of Erykah Badu in a music video they made together without her permission and after he signed an agreement that she would not appear nude in the video, he put it altogether unedited and uploaded it anyway, and then trolled HER about it on facebook (the video was later taken down and replaced by an identical video where Erykah was replaced by actual succubus Amanda Palmer)

and that's just off the top of my head.
>>
File: 1367468433740.png (21 KB, 360x1305) Image search: [Google]
1367468433740.png
21 KB, 360x1305
Chvrches, I don"t really like Lauren but hey if the music is good
>>
>>65969299
o shit, I may have missed it then

LET ME CHECK!
>>
>>65969366
alright I might be taking the b8 here, but I literally don't see how one could actively have an issue with Lauren Mayberry

like, she's about as inoffensive a person as I can imagine.
>>
>>65969299
aaaand archive's down of course xd
>>
File: A-3557793-1387507496-2275.jpeg.jpg (64 KB, 468x312) Image search: [Google]
A-3557793-1387507496-2275.jpeg.jpg
64 KB, 468x312
>>65969412
She keeps writing obnoxious stuff for all sort of blogs about how "mysogynist" the fans of indie music are on the internet.
She has nothing interesting to say, she isn't capable of writing in an interesting way, but that isn't stopping her.
SPEAKING OF WHICH...
>>
>>65969737
Goddammit, yep I fell for it hook line and sinker. xd
>>
I think Diiv and The Garden have some pretty good songs but they also all have the most punchable faces of all time.
>>
>>65969800
Also what's his name from DIIV is a total smackfiend

But he also got to bang Sky Ferreira, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.
>>
Surfer Blood is pretty enjoyable as a sort of surf rock flavored power pop thing

But then there's the whole thing with the singer literally being a woman-beater

Sad though about their guitarist recently :/
>>
>>65969800
this is how I feel about almost any artist from LA. they are all usually pretty talented, but something about all of them seems pretentious and they all dress like white trash despite being trustfund babies
>>
>>65969851
He got addicted to heroin cause he thought it'd be cool. His interviews are the most inane bullshit. I can't imagine being the dude's friend, holding a conversation with him seems impossible he's so far up his own ass.
>>
File: busparker.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
busparker.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
The textbook exemple of a musician you should not pay any attention to outside of his music.
>>
>>65969412
Hi I'm the guy who actually posted the thing, and it's literally just the feminism, except for that she's alright I guess

And btw if this was bait I would've said I hate Chvrches :^)
>>
>>65970047
Yeah, that's a stupid fucking reason. You're stupid and should feel bad about yourself as a person for being so stupid.
>>
>>65969994
>He got addicted to heroin cause he thought it'd be cool

I don't know if he literally said this but I have absolutely no problem believing he did

Sounds completely plausible.
>>
>>65970179
Now THAT is b8
>>
>>65968531
Allelujah won the Polaris Prize and he just used it as an excuse to write up a bitchy rant about sponsorships for his acceptance speech when he could have instead stuck to his principles and withdraw from the list outright to give a musician who could have actually benefited from the acclaim/money the chance to win.

Efrin has the political aptitude of a typical tryhard middle schooler, he constantly makes vague impractical complaints about corporations and governments yet Godspeed/Zion's albums always have tags indicating he gladly accepts grant money from the people he claims he eespuses. His talent as a musician is godly but I'd never want to casually hang out with the guy.
>>
Apparently UMO had a polygamist relationship with his wife and an 18 year girl, so that weirded me out.

Whirr are regularly assholes

Ariel Pink says some weird/offensive things
>>
>>65971155
Forgot about that shitshow, which, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>65970006
y not
>>
Gotta be The Smiths/Morrissey.
>>
>>65971277
>Apparently UMO had a polygamist relationship with his wife and an 18 year girl, so that weirded me out.

Ugh dude that is fucking weird.

Also yeah Ariel Pink has showed up on a bunch of Fox News shows.

Also fun fact: I was at the front of the stage at a show they did in Chicago at the Metro after Before Today came out, and he jumped down and tongue kissed me by surprise (I'm a dude lol) and my two lady friends and jumped back on stage, all in midsong

I got high fives walking back to our car after it ended, lol.
>>
>>65971343
Heh, yeah, he's just kind of a given, he's like the free space on the bingo card of shitty people in good bands.
>>
>>65971341
Because you might expect him to be interesting or clever in some way yet all he does is spout some college-freshman levels of social commentary and engagement, all the time, as if it was some otherworldly wisdom.
Not to mention the multiple layers of hypocrisy (keeps going on about how important it is for an artist to keep in touch with his audience, yet keeps deluding himself believing he is some sort of model for blacks while a majority of his audience is made of white college kids ; won't shut up about evil corporate circles and the importance of staying independant and then will model for some clothing brands ; won't shut up about racism but is absolutely fine shitting all over white people because blacks can't be racist)
>>
>>65971358
thats rad dude
also strange that he's weird about homosexuals and would tongue kiss you lol

here's the article about UMO
http://pitchfork.com/features/profile/9646-love-is-strange-the-multitudes-of-unknown-mortal-orchestras-ruban-nielson/
>>
>>65968466
As far as I can tell, Jonathan is a very sweet man. At least now anyway.
>>
iceage seem like really annoying and pretentious edgy people to be around but i like their music
>>
>>65971374
>Ariel Pink has showed up on a bunch of Fox News shows.

I want to see this
>>
>>65971557
Red Eye for example (whats his name from Fucked Up has also appeared on it before)

>>65971508
>thats rad dude
>also strange that he's weird about homosexuals and would tongue kiss you lol

Hahaha yeah, that willl probably be my best live music story I'll ever get to share in my life.

Is he really weird about gay people though? I thought I read somewhere he was bi after that show and I thought to myself "oh that makes sense"
>>
Matt Pike from High on Fire is both a crazy conspiracy theorist (http://www.metalinjection.net/oh/high-on-fires-matt-pike-is-not-a-conspiracy-theorist-hes-a-conspiracy-factist) and probably one of those people who's way into smoking weed
>>
>>65971557
linx: http://pitchfork.com/news/52176-watch-ariel-pink-talks-space-robots-marijuana-getting-maced-on-fox-news-program-red-eye/
>>
>>65971521
Oh yeah I remember hearing a lot of nasty shit about them, definitely rings a bell.
>>
>>65971648
Yeah, I don't totally understand his views lol
Love his music though
http://www.completemusicupdate.com/article/ariel-pink-talks-drugs-gay-marriage-and-immature-new-lp/
>>
>>65971508
>http://pitchfork.com/features/profile/9646-love-is-strange-the-multitudes-of-unknown-mortal-orchestras-ruban-nielson/

.....damn. I think I need to go lie down now. That's some heavy shit. I mean, I'm still gonna be a little judgy about it lmao. But that's kind of...legitimately sad.
>>
Billy Corgan has made some amazing music but I really would love to punch him in the face as hard as I can
>>
>>65971748
>Yeah, I don't totally understand his views lol

Forgot about the amount of drugs he takes so I'm guessing maybe he was totally fucked when he was saying that and then also, relevant to up-thread:

>You can see the entire interview, plus a shopping trip with slender Brooklynites DIIV, here

And we've come full circle. Makes total sense now, lmao.
>>
>>65971869
Why does everyone on /mu/ seem to hate Billy Corgan?

I don't listen to The Smashing Pumpkins so I'm kind of out of the loop here.
>>
>>65971869
Oh yeah, I kind of forgot about what a dumpster fire that guy has been as a person this whole year basically. Well, and beyond that too, but especially this year.

He bought a pro-wrestling company a couple weeks ago too, which is hilarious and the most Billy Corgan thing ever.
>>
>>65969360
he sounds based.
>>
>>65971926
Spotted the 12 year old /pol/lack.
>>
>>65971936
Hello Mrs. Coyne.
>>
>>65971904
Because he's basically Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: The Person.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65426-billy-corgan-disses-bernie-sanders-on-conspiracy-theorist-radio-show/

Just one random sampling I picked after Googling "Billy Corgan"

He's probably wanking off over on /pol/ right now, actually.
>>
>>65971948
>>65971926
kys.
>>
>>65971949
Strange how people become bitter over time.
>>
>>65971949
>butthurt berniebro can't handle the bants

lmao, typical.
>>
>>65971949
Are you a regressive leftist by chance?
>>
File: Cant_Maintain.jpg (13 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Cant_Maintain.jpg
13 KB, 220x220
I love this album so much

just cuck my shit up
>>
>>65972027
>cuck
12 year old spotted
>>
>>65971358
Ariel Pink showed up A show on Fox News ONCE. At like the 3 A.M. time slot. He didn't really say anything all that offensive either. He was quiet throughout most of it.
>>
>>65972039
underrated post
>>
>>65972039
>He's on 4chan
>pretending like he's too good for 4chan

heh
>>
>>65971155
Oh shit yeah! they didn't turn down the money which was the biggest sleezeball move
>>
kanye the musician is great

kanye the person seems fucking insufferable
>>
>>65968248
kek I was gunna make a thread just like this and post Efrim.
>>
I love Grimes but I hate Claire
>>
>>65972132
This. She's such a stupid cunt.
>>
>>65971988

>kys.
>>
>>65972090
It seems like his life goal at this point is just to see how he can continue to one up himself at being a completely unlikable dickhead,

"Famous" music video from this week is just the latest example.
>>
most of the jazz greats were complete assholes
>>
>>65969452
>>65969380
no it was a mixture of Set Fire To Flames Songs and live material
>>
>>65971904
Cause he doesn't follow hivemind politics. He isn't cool with huge governments and surveillance as well as social justice advocacy tactics done by radical leftists so he's obviously /pol/.
>>
>>65971904
Current day Bily corgan is annoying,has his head stuck so far up his own ass, he couldn't get it out of it even if he tried. He is bitter and still won't get over Pavement.
>>
>>65972364
>obviously /pol/

Irony.
>>
>>65972323
Ah gotcha, yeah I didn't think that turned out to be anything legit.
>>
>>65972132
switch them around
>>
>>65972294
Heroin didn't really help in a lot of cases.
>>
>>65969070
agreed. that guy is full of shit
>>
Efram is a pretentious fuck. He's great in Thee Silver Zion but his stuff with GYSBE is just really grating and annoying.

When they toured before Allejuah they played these awful extended versions of songs off the album. Dead serious, opening song was 25 minutes straight of him fucking a guitar's beck with a screwdriver. It was just an extended drone on one note. It was terrible.

He's also a massive hypocrite when it comes to politics and money in the music business
>>
>>65969800
The guys from The Garden are very nice i think, but because they just 'do their own thing' all the time it makes them seem pretentious to some, but to me they have a child-like innocence See this for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsWcQDuRTDU
>>
File: 960x.jpg (57 KB, 960x606) Image search: [Google]
960x.jpg
57 KB, 960x606
no competition
>>
>>65968466
>4. Mercury Rev; Jonathan is a sleazeball.
Really? He seems like the most passive guy ever in the interviews I've seen with him. Other than the story about trying to gouge Grasshopper's eyes out with a spoon (which might have been David Baker), I haven't heard anything bad about him, ever.

>>65976729
Surprisingly likeable for a Fascist murderer
>>
File: nerd.jpg (75 KB, 700x481) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
75 KB, 700x481
RATM
>>
>>65977192
"Hypocrite: the band"
>>
File: Untitled.png (128 KB, 607x346) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
128 KB, 607x346
>>65977210
>>
>>65972085
They donated all the money to some kind of arts in prison program, though
>>
>>65977258
Doesn't Tom Morello have even more, yet speak even more about being a commie?
>>
Steven Wilson is a good musician but a textbook rockist.

Liam Gallagher is a complete JUST at this point.
>>
>>65968466
>Bobby is a weirdo

dude, what?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.