[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overrated albums general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 61Ab-td5fbL.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61Ab-td5fbL.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
I don't get the nutriding of this. I listened to it all the way through and there's just Baba O'Riley, Bargain, and WGFA with nothing but a huge expanse of filler in between.
>>
I guess the Who were better for their live shows or maybe you had to be there to appreciate it.
>>
The Who are /mu/core. Screw you OP.
>>
>>65917177
LITERALLY
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>65918288
Yeah too bad they picked the wrong album though
>>
>>65917856
this tbqh

I fucking love Live at Leeds but their studio albums are meh-tier
>>
Christgau gave WN his Pick of the Year for 1971 but he later downgraded his rating. Apparently he had a series of email exchanges with some guy from a music publication in 2002 in which he explained that he liked the album at the time, but eventually became turned off by it after seeing how The Who's later career unfolded. He said that WN turned out to be an unfortunate preview of their prog/synthesizer filled sludgefests like It's Hard, but it took over a decade before that was obvious.
>>
>>65918539
Well, I do agree Who's Next does (especially on the filler tracks) have too much soft rock and it's not close to as heavy as Master of Reality or Sticky Fingers.
>>
>>65917177
Nah this album is actually great. Every song is at least good and most of them are great
>>
File: pixies-doolittle.jpg (251 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
pixies-doolittle.jpg
251 KB, 953x953
Pretty boring album desu. Surfer Rosa is only slightly better because of Where Is My Mind but honestly both albums are pretty lame
>>
>>65918539
Why, what's his favourite Who album?
>>
people like The Who and just desperately want them to have a full album that's actually good like all their classic rock band contemporaries but they just don't
>>
File: Neet Sounds.jpg (137 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Neet Sounds.jpg
137 KB, 300x300
Boring album. Why don't people realise that any perceived 'influence' this album had on music in terms of how it was put together doesn't mean it warrants any kind of acclaim. The songs are samey, the lyrics are Neet-tier and the vocal harmonies get boring half way through.
>>
>>65919116
Like I mean, Paranoid is an entire album of good songs. Even the stuff like Planet Caravan which isn't my cup of tea at least feels distinct and not just there to pad out the record.
>>
>>65919054
*sigh* The Who Sell Out. Holy goddamn, does Christgau nutride that record. His top 3 greatest rock albums of all time are something like TWSO, New York Dolls S/T, and Ramones S/T.

Basically, he thinks Pete Townshend started losing it when his ego went to his head and he began doing rock opera epics instead of just playing...well, rock.
>>
Bargain's the best song on there and the only one that sticks with me after hearing it. WGFA is important for the message and blah blah blah I get the whole early 70s context of the thing, but musically it's nothing interesting.
>>
>>65918539
More like ChristGAY
>>
>>65919818
You have to understand that prog gives him nightmares and he can't sleep at night when he hears it.
>>
>>65919838
>>65919303
>>65919116
Poor guy will also never bring himself to admit that Sabbath had better albums than The Who with more than 2 good songs on them.
>>
>>65920044
lyl
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.