[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we can all agree with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: earl.jpg (11 KB, 220x311) Image search: [Google]
earl.jpg
11 KB, 220x311
Doris was his best album. IDLS was only carried by the hype that the lyricism and excellence that Doris built up.
>>
>>65895383
no, we can't agree

IDLS > EARL > Doris imo
>>
>>65895469
First comment best comment most accurate comment
>>
>>65895383
carried also by his beef with tyler concerning odd future, and his then imminent "maturity"
>>
I agree

Doris>IDLS>EARL
>>
>>65895469
>>65895512
saw this comming. Literally everyone this this, but I can't agree>>65895525
Yeah I remember hearing about the beef, but I also know that Tyler considered Earl to be incredibly talented. idk what i was hoping for with idls, but it didn't resonate with me in the same way as Doris.
>>
I think shame hit Earl differently than how it hit Tyler.

It hit earl, and he said "what the fuck am I doing"

it hit tyler, and he said "what the fuck are YOU doing.. negative loser.. fuck you.. YELLOW LOL"
>>
>>65895469
I agree. EARL was the voice of an immature teenager clowning around with his friends. It just so happened that said immature teenager happened to have a great gift with words and severely outclassed those friends. IDLS was the sound of that immature teenager abandoning the ideology of his youth and finding his own voice. This isn't to say that Earl became particularly "deep" or anything, just that it's an honest reflection of a serious point in his life and is his coming-of-age. Doris was just somewhere in the middle. He wanted to carve out his own identity, but he still wanted to rap like MF Doom, still wanted to clown with his immature friends, still wanted be "fun". It had some great songs - Chum and Sunday immediately come to mind - but the former was him tackling a much more serious issue than he normally had at that point, that of the effects of his father leaving and why he felt the things he did, and the latter was carried by the great chemistry between him and the only other real talent to come out of the OF camp, Frank Ocean. Doris wanted to be taken seriously, but didn't allow itself to do so. It's a textbook example of a transition album.
>>65895776
Yeah. I think Earl going to Samoa had a lot to do with his reaction to the fame vs Tyler's reaction to the fame. Tyler had a bunch of fans along the way to feed into his ego while Earl had time to get away from his.
>>
I love Doris but it has too many fucking features that detract from Earl himself. The instrumentals on IDLS aren't particularly impressive, but I like it more than Doris because it's more or less all Earl.
>>
File: wolf.jpg (26 KB, 316x348) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
26 KB, 316x348
> 2016
> still caring about meme rap
>>
Earl and Frank need to do a whole album together without any outside shit, would be a pleasure to hear
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.