[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE REALEST HIP HOP LEGENDS!!!!! Am I the only one who gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1466729845988.jpg (219 KB, 1386x1731) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466729845988.jpg
219 KB, 1386x1731
THE REALEST HIP HOP LEGENDS!!!!!

Am I the only one who gets pissed when I see shit like this? Most of these guys are way overrated and listened to basically only by people who don't actually listen to rap or very little rap.

Eminem is THE rap god! Ice Cube omg fuck da popo amirite? 2pac a true lyrical genius and nobody could ever surpass him(other than Eminem of course!). Who's Meth?
>>
>>65892580

Replace Method Man with Ghostface Killah and Eminem with Mos Def... then it's ok.
>>
>no Nas
>no MF Doom
>no Phife
>no Jay Z
>no Rakim
>no GZA
>no Kool G
>no Talib
>no Raekwon
>no Yeezy
>>
Dre looks like the crying Drake sketch there, wtf
>>
Every genre has the obligatory popular icons that may represent the genre in terms of raw sales and radio play, but little else.

I feel like that glorified 90s gangster rap did way more harm than good for the genre as a whole, and the really painfully ironic part is retards nowadays shit on today's popular rap (which is also garbage) and then point at 90's gangster rap as a quality comparison. Kek.
>>
>>65892613
I seen somebody in the comment section saying Meth should be replaced with ODB. Don't people know RZA and GZA wrote all his shit
>>
Hey Ice Cube and B.I.G. are very talented, shut your punk ass up. Being more obscure doesn't make you better.
>>
Eminem contrarianism is like beatles contrarianism
>>
>>65892803
>Eminem contrarianism is like beatles contrarianism

Worst opinion I've seen on /mu/.
>>
>>65892803
Only good Eminem albums are SSLP and Relapse. People shit on Relapse alot but his wordplay is so on point. That being said he's very overrated and is intro-tier rap. His inspirational yearbook quote songs are so fucking bad .
>>
>>65892775
Nas isn't even on the list. I wouldn't consider Nas obscure and I'd place him much higher than alot of the guys on this picture. I know you're going to say it so no, Illmatic is not his only good album
>>
>>65892913
I liked Illmatic but haven't listened to his others. What would you recommend?
>>
>>65892985
It was Written, The Lost Tapes, Stillmatic, God' Son.

In no real order. Honestly I like every Nas album. His rapping is always pretty good but it's normally the production that make his songs/albums so-so.
>>
Nas' problem was when he tried to become more mainstream in the late 90's.
>>
>>65892874

mmlp? genuinely curious how that didn't make your list of his "only good albums" and relapse did
>>
>>65893101
he did that right after Illmatic. He still made some great albums though. None of his albums come close to how great Illmatic is though. I kind of hate the fact that it shadows everything else he's ever done. People will always say but it's not as good as Illmatic!
>>
>>65892726

let's be real though even the worst 90s rap was better than what's popular today (excluding a few artists like Kendrick, obviously)

>inb4 tips fedora
>>
>>65893130
mmlp feels like just constant whining and insulting boy bands/celebrities. It has a few good songs but as an album meh. I prefer the zany cartoon violence Eminem and sslp/relapse as just that. I find his lyrics and wordplay to be best in those albums too
>>
>>65893241
born in le wrong generation

by the way you're wrong
>>
File: 1425939817222.jpg (62 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1425939817222.jpg
62 KB, 500x386
>>65893241
>let's be real though even the worst 90s rap was better than what's popular today

I was alive then and it wasn't.

>(excluding a few artists like Kendrick, obviously)

So you're either white or retarded, okay.
>>
>>65893257
huh. i feel like that "whining/insulting boy bands" thing is just a result of it not aging well, maybe
>>
>>65893288

nice meme

>>65893304

>I was alive then

so was I

>retarded

nope

>white

is that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>65893363
I bet you think Hopsin is good rap
>>
>>65892803
Eminem's albums have aged like milk
>>
>>65893363
>Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

according to /mu/ when discussing rap music yes
>>
>>65893411

no he's corny as fuck
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.