[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your meme-free opinions on Sing to God, or Cardiacs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
What are your meme-free opinions on Sing to God, or Cardiacs in general?
>>
really good album
Dog Like Sparky, Fiery Gun Hand, and Dirty Boy are all 10/10 songs
Can't get into their other albums though
>>
It's pretty irritating. I have trouble listening to it.
>>
>Hey guys! We're a progressive rock band! Oh haha no we aren't hahahhahaha *ska piece* hahahhaa *circus bit* hahahha................ *punk bit* hhahahahahaha and you will never guess what is coming next!!!! *english showtune bit* hahahhaa it's all rather clever isn't it?

what did they mean by this
>>
>>65880499
Tim Smith hated the pronk label so he just called Cardiacs a pop band that plays psychedelia.
>>
>>65880499
it is clever, ykno? i think the way they sometimes jump-cut from one small idea to another, to another one, without losing any momentum is one of the things that makes them stand out the most. that approach reminds of skrillex, in a sense

for better or worse, there is no ease on most of this album, everything is layered thickly or moving quickly, which to me makes it really engaging but i get why you'd feel like >>65880471 for the same reason
>>
A Little Man is superior. No idea why this is the album that got memed.
>>
>>65881191
p sure it's the cover that makes it so memeable
also because that aussie shitposter has a hateboner for amg specifically
>>
>>65881231
it's not aaron who's spamming it, it's this guy

https://rateyourmusic.com/~closeitjohn
>>
Great album, doesn't deserve the sporkcore label. You want real sporkcore listen to Yellow Rainbow by Zom Zoms.
>>
Memes said, every song is still literally 30 second to a minute of punk followed by carnival music.
>>
>>65881297
reminder that sporkcore isnt bad per se
will check those out btw, thanks
>>
>>65881335
carnivals mostly play modern pop and rap now
>>
>>65881363
this
carnival music/circus music hasn't even been used since the 70s
>>
Love the album's music, it's great
Album art is pretty fucking shit though
>>
>>65881363
>>65881393
That doesn't mean that goofy shit didn't exist at one point.
>>
>>65881463
not goofy, just catchy
>>
>>65880453
Doglike Sparky, Fiery Gun Hand, Manhoo are great tunes. As a whole it's a good listen but maybe a little too long.
>>
A Little Man and a House is vastly superior.
>>
File: on_land_cover_1024x1024.jpg (497 KB, 1019x1024) Image search: [Google]
on_land_cover_1024x1024.jpg
497 KB, 1019x1024
>>65881734
Don't you mean On Land and in the Sea?
>>
>>65881511
It does come off as goofy though. Like mixing so many genres isn't a good idea if the end result doesn't help achieve much. For sure it's catchy, but it that context this album ultimately delivers in more of a manner of what pop music does rather than the raw frenzy of the punk or the crazy collages of surreal stuff the prog that Cardiacs is so inspired by.
>>
>>65882439
i was referring to the literal circus music that anon brought up though, and nah, i think i prefer cardiacs over any punk and most prog bands, in those regards you mention and overall, but alright
>>
>>65880499
>hahahhaa it's all rather clever isn't it?
That's actually pretty clever
>>
Best rock album ever.

1. Fiery Gun Hand
2. Manhoo
3. Dog-Like Sparky
4. A Horses Tail
5. Eat It Up Worms Hero
6. Angleworm Angel
7. Bellyeye
8. Bell Clinks
9. Insect Hoofs on Lassie
10. Wireless
11. Red Fire Coming Out From His Gills
12. Flap Off You Beak
13. Bell Stinks
14. Dirty Boy
15. Eden on the Air

>>65880467
I wish I could enjoy Dirty Boy, but yeah, those are usually considered to be their best songs. The other are nothing short of amazing though.

>>65881191
>>65881734
It's great, especially R.E.S., but StG reaches higher and more emotional peaks >>65881191
than ALM
>No idea why this is the album that got memed
Because of a single shitposter

>>65881456
Nah

>>65881669
>but maybe a little too long.
Nope

>>65881747
Better than ALM, but not better than StG
>>
I think it's really good.
>>
>>65883875
>manhoo over dog like sparky
>manhoo over insect hoofs on lassie
other than that legit list. respect.
>>
storm of feeling good
FUN
fuck my animal heart and ache
>>
>>65883925
>manhoo over dog like sparky
They are almost the same
>manhoo over insect hoofs on lassie
Nothing wrong with this!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.