[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sigur Rós has just released a new single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Óveður, the name of it, it's out along with a videoclip. What do you guys think?
>>
Forgot the sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rf-C_smLs
>>
>>65878300

The video is pretty trippy and Sigur Ros have never sounded so depressing.

I aprove
>>
>>65878812
I agree, it's awesome to see one of my fav groups changing for good their style. I feel a more industrial vibe to it. Let's hope an album get announced soon
>>
Horrid.
>>
>>65878955
If Sigur Ros turned industrial I'd explode. Good to see that sound wasn't just a one time thing in Kveikur.

>>65879076
Either explain why or don't bother posting.
>>
>>65878292
Anyone saw the Route 1 livestream? Comfy shit, comfy country.
>>
>>65879442
It was fucking awesome! Would love to get music from that
>>
>>65878292
it's shit
>>
>>65878292
Not sure about their new work, but man, they are just something else. Singing in a made up language, playing a guitar with a bow... I love it when someone like them comes along.
>>
>>65880025
Who started the "singing in a made up language" meme?
>>
>>65878812
>"""depressing"""
>good

You sound like such an embarrassing adolescent, fucking hell
>>
>>65881876
Would you have not bothered to post that if he'd just said bleak?
>>
>>65881850
I don't know. Which language it is they are singing in then?
>>
>>65881952
Icelandic
>>
How to pronounce band name
>>
>>65881978
SEE-g-ur ross
>>
>>65882031
seems wrong t b h
>>
>>65881963
Well, not all the time.
>>
>>65879442
what was it?
>>65881850
not a meme, ( ) is sung in a made up language, they called it hopelandic
>>
>>65878300
What does it MEAN?
>>
>>65881978
I've always been pronouncing it SIGG-er ross but I actually don't know if that's correct.
>>
I've never been big on Sigur Ros, but this is the best thing I've heard from them.

A lot of their atmospheric stuff, while very beautiful, just falls in the background for me, but this more industrial feel really kept me engaged
>>
>>65881850
>>65881952
>>65881978
>>65882072
>>65882504
from their site:
>sigur rós si-ur rose (the i is like the i in "hit". "rose" is said very quickly)
>>
>>65878955
Wasn't Kveikur also supposed to be the "dark" Sigur Ros, inspired by Swans and GYBE already?
>>
Wasn't crazy about that weird snare sound but I like their louder material.
>>
File: gedugfeuwf.gif (186 KB, 496x332) Image search: [Google]
gedugfeuwf.gif
186 KB, 496x332
>>65878292
I fucking love this song and the direction Sigur Ros is going. Since this is the single I am expecting there to be some strange electronic ambience on the deeper tracks, maybe some OPN influence.

I love when the music changes and the snare hits, the strings in the background sound like they are off key or out of tune, which is really dark and adds a layer that Sigur Ros hasn't has in the past. Things don't seem as straight forward as their last few releases, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I love and was very confused by the music video. This is the darkest SR has gone. I have been searching for an english translation to these lyrics to get some kind of reference to the strangeness but can't find anything. If anyone finds them please post.

Once I saw the tour video they released a few months ago and read everything about the electronic direction they were supposedly going in I got excited. I am hoping for this to be Sigur Roses "Amnesiac". Dark, more experimental, strange (relative to their other works of course), more electronic elements, and comes together as a whole like in my favorite RH album.
>>
>>65882569
Their 2013 album is quite industrial too, give that a listen
>>
>>65882767
Idk, It seemed "dark" on the surface but had pretty straight forward melodies and song structure that were repetitive with no free flowing tempo.
>>
>>65882569
I'm probably always going to prefer Ágætis Byrjun, but that's just me.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.