[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad really liked bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns n' Roses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DC_01_DadRock-1250x782[1].jpg (651 KB, 1250x782) Image search: [Google]
DC_01_DadRock-1250x782[1].jpg
651 KB, 1250x782
My dad really liked bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns n' Roses and all other kinds of dadrock and he believes there's no good music being made now, when he said that I was going to list off a hundred different artists but realized they probably aren't what he likes to listen to.

What's some newer music I can show him that he'll like?
>>
Your dad? Are you like really old or something? LOL. Linkin Park is dadrock nowadays.
>>
>>65860254
Pls don't bully me or my dad.
>>
Chickenfoot
>>
>>65860216
Titus Andronicus
Band of Horses?
>>
>>65860216
He would probably like the Black Keys or Jack White. They are the dadrock of tomorrow.
>>
>>65860216
Let him live his life you fucking neckbeard, he's not going to backtrack on 50 years of music and suddenly decide Whitehouse is good.
>>
>>65860371
I'm just trying to introduce him to some good new music, listening to the same albums and tracks over and over leaves you kinda jaded.

>>65860300
>Chickenfoot
This is great, thanks.
>>65860306
>Titus Andronicus
>Band of Horses
Like em a lot, he might too.

>>65860352
He probably will, thinking of showing him QotSA too.
>>
>>65860576
If you're going to show him QotSA, I think you'd be best off starting with Like Clockwork. The Black Keys and Jack White are good suggestions too.
>>
>>65860216
Show him George Starostin blog. Really, he was rockist as fuck, but nowadays he acknowledges a lot of newer music from viewpoint of rather conservative music listener.
>>
>>65860216
The Black Keys
The White Stripes/Jack White
Wolfmother
Queens of the Stone Age
Royal Blood
Black Mountain
Arctic Monkeys
Band of Skulls
Baroness - "Yellow and Green" and "Purple"
Witch
Weezer
Clutch
early Cage The Elephant
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Dead Meadow
Eagles of Death Metal
Elder
The Hives
The Sword
The War on Drugs
>>
Sheepdogs (EP), this is a guarantee
sturgill simpson if hes a bit southern (show him the song in bloom)
wolfmother
>>
>>65860944
>>65860982
>>65861381
>>65861637
Thanks dudes, that's a shit load of music.

Sheepdogs are really damn good, anon.
>>
>>65860216
There's no point. Your dad is already living in his own nostalgic world.

Show him The White Stripes, Wolfmother or Airbourne and he'll cry "rehash!"
Show him Battles, Death Grips or Swans and he'll scream "boring noise!"

Just don't.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.