[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's next for music? What genres or scenes are coming up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What's next for music? What genres or scenes are coming up?
>>
>>65859366
I wouldn't know

Every time someone tries to start up a genre or scene, people here pitch a fit until it dies. Then they complain that nothing is being innovated.
>>
You attention-deficit, trend-hopping kids make me sick.
>>
>>65859366
Power pop. Matching suits. Shag hair cuts.
>>
Shag pop. They shag each other on stage.
>>
when i motivate myself to make some music the shit in my head will be next. stay tuned should be ready around 2020
>>
>>65860065
they don't shag each others' pops on stage?
>>
>>65859366
vaporscat
>>
>>65860115
Lol nigga. You're falling behind already.
>>
When I nut up and learn piano I'll bring out the newest incarnation of jazz-punk.
>>
>>65859366
simpsonwave
>>
Literally nothing. Subcultures are dead, the Internet and streaming music killed them. Clubs and happenings don't exist anymore. The closest you can get to are failed genres like vaporwave, but that's obviously nowhere near the psychedelic chutzpah of the hippies or the punk of the late 60's and 70's. I think the last countercultures died in the early to mid 2000's.

The modern equivalent to a counterculture are autistic people on /pol/ shitposting frogs and trump memes. We've devolved as a culture, Devo was right.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.