[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pic related true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: cringe classical metal.jpg (103 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cringe classical metal.jpg
103 KB, 480x480
Is pic related true?
>>
A more accurate statement would be: Classical music was Post-Rock before Rock was invented.

Which isn't even entirely accurate.
>>
>>65858101
>metal music was EDM before Fruity Loops was invented
Really makes you think huh
>>
more like anyone who makes images like this only has a surface level interest in classical music
>>
metal is superior to classical music

classical music is just a bunch of old men wanking off their violins
>>
rank in terms of pretentiousness:

>strictly metal fans
>strictly classical fans
>strictly jazz fans
>>
>>65858233
Jazz
Classical
Metal
>>
>>65858101
>Before electricity was invented
>electricity
>invented
>>
>>65858233
Jazz
Metal
Classical
>>
>>65858129
Literally kill yourself
>>
>>65858233

metal
jazz
classical

it's embarrassing that metal is even compared to the other two, because it is nowhere near the same level and anyone who is even basically educated on music knows that.
>>
>>65858129
Post rock is fucking awful. The composition in most songs is not even remotely comparable to classical
>>
>>65859710
YOU'RE AWFUL
>>
>>65858245
>t. metal fan
>>
>>65858233
Metal wins in sheer passion in virulently hating all other things. They're the ones going to albums they haven't listened to on rym and giving them half a star.
>>
>>65858101
Yes. Especially when played on a huge-ass pipe organ.
>>
early 20th century music is more the metal of classical music tbqf (to be quite frank)
>>
>>65859801
>They're the ones going to albums they haven't listened to on rym and giving them half a star
That's not true though, it's the indie fags and avant-teens who always downrate highly rated metal albums
>>
Romamntic music was literally power metal of its time
>>
>metal is as complex as classical music
>if Beethoven lived today he would write metal
I hate these memes.
>>
>>65859710
>a very versatile and broad genre is awful.
You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: constipated-bach[1].jpg (351 KB, 1503x1509) Image search: [Google]
constipated-bach[1].jpg
351 KB, 1503x1509
but electrified classical isn't garbage like metal
>>
>>65858228
This
>>
File: whats a happen.gif (629 KB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
whats a happen.gif
629 KB, 250x258
Speaking as a Metal fan I can safely say at least half of all metalheads are edgy turbospergs
>>
>>65858101
In what sense?

I would argue once you hit the romantic era, older people viewed what was going on there as old people viewed metal today. (Maybe not as bad though.)

In fact, those types of feelings go pretty far back.
>>
>>65858101

Metal is the rough gateway portal that leads one naturally to the world of superior classical music.
>>
>>65858228
>>65858129

so wrong it hurts
>>
>>65858233
metal
classical
jazz
>>
>>65858233
From most to least pretentious IMO and experience

Classical fans
Metal fans
Jazz fans
>>
>>65858233
if only we could consult cobalt

he would know the answer
>>
File: theycallmecobalt.png (33 KB, 597x384) Image search: [Google]
theycallmecobalt.png
33 KB, 597x384
>>65858233
>>65861502
i still talk to cobalt on skype
>>
>>65860834
Yeah but a large part of metalheads are retarded brutes who listen to Pantera because it's the only music their inbred brains can handle. I'm a metalhead myslef, but the amount of pretentious black metal elitists are presumably a very small amount compared to the amount of snobs you'll find in Jazz and Classical.
>>
>>65861780
But jazz and classical fans have reasons to be elitist, metal is barely above appealing to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>65858233
I think metal fans are split between cool bro types and le wrong generationers/metal is nu-classical types
the former half are definitely the least pretentious, while the latter are by far the most
I think I'd rank it as
apeshit insane metalheads
jazz fans
classical fans
non-insane metalheads
>>
File: image_2.jpg (51 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
51 KB, 600x611
>electricity
>invented
>>
>>65861893

this
>>
>>65861988
Underrated comment.
>>
>>65861988
are you one of these idiots who thinks it was there all along?

ever see a room with no sockets? no electricity
no batteries? no electricity

it's not like people were walking around avoiding all the electricity
>>
>>65858129
>listens to GYBE once
>>
>>65861893
Untrue. There is a lot of cool jazz that isn't very impressive when it comes to structure or virtuosity.
>>
>>65862978
Have you ever been outside?
>>
>>65862999
Just because the soloing isn't 2fast doesn't mean it isn't impressive.
Cool jazz often has some of the best phrasing there is.
Smooth jazz is shit though.
>>
>>65860834
True, I wouldn't argue with this.
>>
>>65863038
Sure, I don't think it's bad because it isn't fast, but I dislike this notion that metal somehow tries to "hide" behind speed and can't have any complexity.
>>
>>65858228
Typical metal head here.
You're a retard if you think that.
>>
sometimes i wish there was an obligatory music theory test that everyone on /mu/ had to go through.
>>
>>65858233
it's really normal for people to listen to metal strictly, not pretentious

listening to classical strictly, on the other hand, requires a lot of dedication

i'd put jazz in the middle because it's full of genuine musicians but still much harder to genuinely cater to than an all metal diet
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.