[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>band claims to be post-punk >is only punk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: oy vey.jpg (123 KB, 556x556) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
123 KB, 556x556
>band claims to be post-punk
>is only punk
>>
File: no.jpg (18 KB, 360x274) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
18 KB, 360x274
>band claims to be prog
>is actually emo
>>
>>65858849
> The Mars Volta
>>
>>65858849
muse
>>
File: George Reaction.png (17 KB, 222x252) Image search: [Google]
George Reaction.png
17 KB, 222x252
>band claims to be "just a rock n roll band"
>is some other subgenre of the wider rock music genre
>>
>>65857355
>band claims to be good
>is only radiohead
>>
aren't we all post punk roflmao :L
>>
File: AmericEno.png (202 KB, 306x251) Image search: [Google]
AmericEno.png
202 KB, 306x251
>singer claims to be post punk
>is jon the postman
>>
>>65857355
why are proto and post punk so good, while actual punk is boring af

I mean The Velvet Underground vs Ramones vs Talking Heads
>>
>>65859036
>who cares what we are? we just wanna RAWK!!!
I fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>65859088
>proto
Actually bold and experimental for its time.
>post
Changing up the very slim punk sound by introducing outside ideas.
>>
>>65859088
I'd say Wipers are good but they kinda straddle the line between post-punk and punk
post-hardcore and hardcore punk are pretty good imo
>>
>>65859088
I totally agree that proto and post punk and more interesting but how do you not like any punk if you are a fan of those genres? I get that it's less varied but there is still some great stuff out there. Ever try wire's pink flag, that's a great album that toes the line of punk and post punk.
>>
File: 1444150236214.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444150236214.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>65859534
>wire's pink flag, that's a great album that toes the line of punk and post punk.
Pink Flag isn't even remotely post-punk. Compare it to 154 or Dome discography, Document and Eyewitness even mocks this by only playing ten seconds of 12XU and then playing nothing but post-punk pleb filters.
Chairs Missing is the one that blurs the line between punk and post-punk.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.