[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what do you guys think of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: pablo.jpg (144 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pablo.jpg
144 KB, 1000x1000
Now that the dust has settled, what do you guys think of this album?

At first, I was pretty disappointed. This was clearly a rushed project, and I came to the conclusion that Kanye was simply done with music, that he would not be the same artist that he was, at least while his attention was divided between music, fashion, and so many other things. When it came out, I ranked this as Kanye's worst album.

However, after listening to this a few times I have to say that it's really grown on me. Despite being 20 tracks, it doesn't seem to drag on. The production is actually pretty interesting, like on tracks such as Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 and Waves, and Saint Pablo is one of the most powerful rap songs I've heard in awhile. I still don't think it's Kanye's best, but I do enjoy this album now.

Favorite tracks:
>Ultralight Beam
>Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1
>Pt. 2
>Famous
>Feedback
>Waves
>Saint Pablo

What do you guys think?
>>
we don't want no devils in the house
>>
no more parties is the only track that doesnt make me wanna die
>>
>>65834729
>This was clearly a rushed project
doesn't actually go past this
it's shite and you're trying too hard to make yourself like it because a couple people on /mu/ told you you should

kys
>>
wasn't rushed. he just sucks
>>
good album 8/10 but its graduation tier enjoyable but most of the songs have weak lyrics
>>
there are genius moments but it's just not a finished album. he should have taken his time
>>
>>65836475
>it's shite and you're trying too hard to make yourself like it because a couple people on /mu/ told you you should

I haven't been on /mu/ in over a year. For some reason, the album came around for me. It isn't great, but I'd give it a solid 7/10, whereas originally it was a 5 to me.
>>
>>65836525
>he should have taken his time
This is what's wrong with almost every rapper today. They just crank out music. Very few rappers craft songs anymore.

Young Thug would be so much better if he actually wrote his songs and spent more than a day on them.
>>
the first three songs and wolves are some of the best things Kanye has ever made but the rest is so so so shit it's unbelievable. 3/10
>>
>>65836505
>wasn't rushed
"no"
>>
>>65836605
Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 could have used better lyrics.
>>
>>65836649
I think people focused too much on the asshole line because it's one of the only noteworthy things on the record after ultralight beam.
>>
Even these covers aren't safe for work

Janitor !
>>
>>65836784
>Janitor !

What the fuck is this new fucking meme. Why in the fuck do people put a space before the exclamation point? Why is no one else acknowledging this?
>>
>>65836584
or maybe young thug just can't write good songs no matter how much time you think he "needs"

>>65836615
he dropped yeezus in 2013. he didn't rush this
>>
>>65836862
>or maybe young thug just can't write good songs no matter how much time you think he "needs"
First of all, he doesn't write his songs. He just freestyles until he gets something he likes, which in most cases is less than 30 mins. If he had someone managing him who knew what quality looked like he could actually be one of the best ever.
>>
>>65836862
>he dropped yeezus in 2013. he didn't rush this
He wasn't working on the album for most of the time in between Yeezus and TLOP. He was focused on fashion and dicking down Kim.
>>
>>65836923
Anyone ever think about what kinda music Kanye would make if he went on nofap?
>>
im quite the tlop apologist, but its too fucking bloated.
the tracklist used for yeezy season 3 (attached) is much tighter-- maybe you could add waves (or better, trade waves in for highlights/fml/feedback/freestyle).

>>65834729
i really think saint pablo might be one of his worst tracks. dude is bringing like, an anti-flow, and the lines he's spitting are literal self parody. and the mixing sucks.
>>
File: yeezyseason3.png (182 KB, 3200x1696) Image search: [Google]
yeezyseason3.png
182 KB, 3200x1696
>>65837495
goofed it!
>>
>>65834729
Loved it as soon as I heard it on the shitty MSG stream, and continued loving it, even though I've gotten tired of the album after only about 10 listens.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.