[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get into Ambient music /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: memedog.jpg (16 KB, 313x260) Image search: [Google]
memedog.jpg
16 KB, 313x260
How do i get into Ambient music /mu/?
>>
Start with Eno, Moebius, and Roedelius - After the Heat, Miles Davis - In a Silent Way, and Can - Future Days

From there, Eno's Ambient 1, Harold Budd, Stars of the Lid, etc
>>
I was told to listen to Oneohtrix Point Never's earlier albums and I enjoyed those (Returnal), so give them a shot.
>>
try The Fun Years, Steve Roach, sleep research facility

probably cant avoid Eno either, listen to the ambient series and evening starr with robert fripp

also focus on the texture of the sound more
>>
>>65829582
this
>>65829615
not this
>>
File: topsters2 (3).jpg (569 KB, 1979x1388) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (3).jpg
569 KB, 1979x1388
pic related, also

Biosphere
Fennesz
Alva Noto (try Xerrox Vol. 3)
Andrew Thomas
>>
GAS - Pop is one of the most consistently pleasant series of sounds I've ever heard.
>>
>>65829810
Yeah listen to eveyrting by Gas
>>
>>65829745
>not this
Why? It's helping me out.
>>
File: a1731581464_10.jpg (143 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1731581464_10.jpg
143 KB, 1200x1200
Ok i'll ask it differently, i fell in love with this albums, need more like this

Deru - 1979
>>
File: 9i56201.png (11 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
9i56201.png
11 KB, 120x120
>>65830869
Bumperino
>>
Tangerine Dream
Klaus Schulze
Global Communication
Steve Hauschildt

>>65829861
Returnal is great, don't listen to him
>>
Grouper - Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill
Fennesz - Venice
Stars the Lid - The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
Gas - Nah und Fern
Brian Eno - Discreet Music
Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet

Some of those might not technically be ambient but that's the stuff that got me into the genre. Have fun OP
>>
>>65829566
Don't start with eno and 70s-80s artsts: they have been historical importart but aged poorly. Instead try modern stuff: Tim Hecker, Stars Of The Lid, Aphex Twin, Biosphere, Fennesz.
>>
>>65833359
Also Gas - Pop (2000)
>>
>>65833383
came here to say this, or you could go the route of deepchord and ambient dub.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.