[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Album-cover-with-title.jpg (507 KB, 1431x1417) Image search: [Google]
Album-cover-with-title.jpg
507 KB, 1431x1417
What do you think of this album?
>>
Mediocre
>>
>>65826224
Y tho
>>
it's definitely my favorite thing steven wilson has ever had to do with
>>
7/10 decent tribute to 70s prog. Wilson is a bad vocalist though, and his songs don't carry much melodic weight.
>>
>>65826285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP7tl9-luZE

Just watch this. He nails it so well.
>>
>>65826197
pretentious, but I can see some merits in it
>>
that transition 4 minutes into luminol is fuckin awesome
>>
Modern masterpiece. Wilson is my hero 9/10
>>
I really love it. I feel those who call it derivative of classic prog really haven't listened to it properly. Thematically it's far stronger/more cohesive than almost all of the records Wilson pays tribute to, while the overall sound is really very modern and incorporates too many other genres to fit into the '70s prog' label.
>>
It's really good, some of Wilson's best stuff.
>>
>>65826224
>>65826296
>>65826304
>>65826310
>fantandrones
>>
>>65826985
So anyone who didn't like it even slightly is incapable of individual thoughts?

As for TRTRTS it's a great album but definitely not his best
>>
>>65826985
best part about this post is that I think fantano is an unfunny shit and 99% of his opinions are dumb and wrong

He was right in his Raven review though, and double so on his HCE review. Wilson is a hack, and this is coming from someone who would consider himself more of a prog fan than anything else.
>>
>>65827248
>He was right in his Raven review though
He picked one aspect of Wilson's music and blanketed it across the whole album. It's a pretty easy diagnosis to make. He basically admits it himself in the review: "The years and years of ice has built up over my heart when it comes to listening to stuff Steven Wilson has made." He went into the album expecting and likely wanting to dislike it, and made the snap judgement of "oh man this is all derivative!"
And that results in a video that's entirely full of non-criticism. "It's good but it's just so calculated" means literally nothing to anyone. Except I guess to a bunch of ball-lickers who feel validated in disliking something because someone with a voice also disliked it.
>>
>>65827509
this was the first Steven Wilson album i'd bothered listening to and came to more or less the same conclusion about it before fat tony's review was released.

/mu/'s fantano drones are absolutely a hivemind but it's a little silly to assume anyone with a similar opinion got it from him.

Steven Wilson just isn't that good.
>>
I really liked it and his next album was a bit of a letdown to me.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.