[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beatles Let it Be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1220x1220
Let's talk about one of The Beatles' more underrated albums:

Favorite version? Spector, Naked, Glyn Johns, Rooftop Concert, etc.
Favorite Song?
Least Favorite Song?
Thoughts on the movie?
Do you consider it their last album?
Where is it in your overall Beatles album ranking?
If you don't like Let it Be, why?

I'll write my answers below.
>>
It's not really underrated, it's just not as good as the previous ones.
>>
>beatles album without this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ex-epsPWoc

into le trash
>>
Paul's songs are really lackluster on the album, especially the piano ballads; The Long and Winding Road is soporific garbage and the title track is decent but extremely overrated. George's tracks are great and Across the Universe is one of their best, though.
>>
The SNL Get Back reconstruction is the best way to listen to it. It's made by the same person as the most popular SMiLE reconstruction.

My favorite song is probably Across the Universe, but I don't dislike any of the proper songs. And no, Let It Be just makes more sense as a junction between the white album and Abbey Road.
>>
Naked is the only acceptable version of this album. It's still rather lackluster, by Beatles standards.
>>
>>65819533
Across The Universe is my favorite Beatles song right next to Tomorrow Never Knows
>>
>Favorite version?
Naked
>Favorite Song?
I've Got a Feeling
>Least Favorite Song?
One After 909
>Thoughts on the movie?
I wish it would get released. I prefer the Beatles solo so it'd be a cool intro to them in their prime.
>Do you consider it their last album?
In that they released it last, yes.
>Where is it in your overall Beatles album ranking?
MMT > white > Help! > Revolver > Rubber > Abbey > Let It Be
>If you don't like Let it Be, why?
:^)
>>
>>65819533
Spector
The long and winding road
Maggie Mae
Enjoyed to see the daily life of the band, really looking forward to see a bluray version of it like 1's remastered promo films
No, for me Abbey Road is their last
Maybe 5th or 6th
>>
OP here

>Favorite version? Spector, Naked, Glyn Johns, Rooftop Concert, etc.
Probably the Naked version since it has Don't Let Me Down and takes the filler-ish songs out. I actually don't mind the cheesy choir and orchestra on the original though.

Favorite Song?
Long and Winding Road is probably my favorite. Heres a shout out to I Me Mine too.

Least Favorite Song?
Other than Dig It and Maggie May, I guess For You Blue. Not bad, but one of George's weaker pieces.

Thoughts on the movie?
Really freaking good. It's a shame that it's out of print. I don't think it's as disastrous as people say it is.

Abbey Road is their last since it was recorded last imo. It's debatable since I Me Mine was recorded last though.

>Where is it in your overall Beatles album ranking?
Probably #6 just behind the Rubber Soul-White Album run

>>65819672
I'll definitely check this out.
>>
>Favorite version
Naked
>Favorite song
Across the Universe
>Least Favorite Song
The filler tracks (Maggie Mae and Dig It)
>Thoughts on the movie
Haven't watched it desu
No. Abbey Road definitely is.
>Ranking
Probably 6th or 7th
>>
File: 6308 1497.jpg (107 KB, 1021x680) Image search: [Google]
6308 1497.jpg
107 KB, 1021x680
>>65819533
>Favorite version?
Naked
>Favorite Song?
Long And Winding Road
>Least Favorite Song?
Dig It
>Thoughts on the movie?
Dunno haven't seen it...
Yes and no. Yes, it was essentially what ended the band. No, that would be Abbey Road.
Where is it in your overall Beatles album ranking?
Abbey > Revolver > Rubber > Pepper's > White Magical > Hard Day's > Help! > (Naked) > Past Masters > With > Please > For Sale > Let It Be > Yellow
>If you don't like Let it Be, why?
John essentially went back and botched the production with Phil. Granted, Phil did a great reconstruction. But it was clear there was some John tampering involved when it was Paul's idea to go back to their rock roots.
>>
Long and Winding Road is shit on the standard version. The Naked version is amazing though.
>>
>>65819533
>Naked
>Across The Universe
>One after 909
>None
>Yes
Abbey Road
Rubber Soul
Hard Days Night
Magical Mystery Tour
Revolver
SGT Pepper
Help
Let It Be
White
Please
With The Beatles
Beatle For Sale
>>
Naked
Dig a Pony
One After 909
Haven't seen it
I consider it their last album.
Third, behind Sgt. Pepper's and Revolver.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.