[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the FUCK is their problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 948x948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 948x948
>>
nothing that has come out after MCIS is better than MCIS

the last great rock album

and SP > radiohead by thousands of light years
>>
Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and God is empty

JUST LIKE ME
>>
>>65814473
Mellon Collie is filler: the album

Thats not great in any sense of the word
>>
Chemtrails and the NWO mostly
>>
>>65814533

what album did you hear? every song on MCIS is great

SP's first 3 albums are universally praised. They are one of the only mainstream bands from the 90's who made good albums w/o filler
>>
>>65814712
Stop lying to yourself dude
>>
>>65814473
lol
>>
they made good albums up until machina 2 everything after is meh to decent and shite tier still love the stuff tho
>>
>>65814473
I don't even like Radiohead but that's a truly disgusting opinion mate. MCIS wasn't even the best rock album of that year
>>
>>65814397
Billy's a dickbag and D'arcy fell down the rabbit hole. James and Jimmy are alright, though.
>>
What problem? That Billy hates Trump protesters?
>>
>AND IF WE DIED RIGHR NOW
>THIS FOOL YOU LOVE SOMEHOW

chills every time
>>
ITT: people who still haven't listened to the original track listing of MCIS which proves it is a cohesive and excellent album.
>>
>>65814397
What's yours?

>>65818188
>still haven't listened to the original track listing of
You mean the vinyl one? How is it more original than the CD tracklisting since both were released at the same time?
>>
>>65814519
oh god i remember cringing so hard when I first heard that
>>
>>65814397
No talent.
>>
a lot of filler but it has some amazing songs desu
>>
>>65818274
it was the first to be devised??? idiot
>>
>>65818278
It's a pretty great line if you don't take it 100% seriously or as self-expression
>>
how do I into SP? what should I start with?
>>
>>65814473
The next year: Pinkerton

Fuck you, I like Pinkerton.
>>
>>65818723
Everything from the original run of the band is pretty good. You can pretty much start with anything.

I guess Adore and Machina are albums that not everybody "gets" right away, so maybe start with something like Siamese Dream. Or hell, just go in chronological order.

Also check out b-sides albums. In the '90s, they were so good that even the stuff that didn't make the albums was usually album-quality. The Aeroplane Flies High is really good.

Also check out the pre-Gish demos, like the Moon tape and the self-titled demo. Before they did psyche-inspired rock, they did post-punk-inspired rock.

Everything post-reunion mostly ranges from okay to terrible, with a couple gems here and there. None of it is essential, don't bother unless you are a big fan who just has to know what Corgan's been up to for the past 16 years.
>>
>>65818987

yeah

Gish, SD and MCIS are their holy trinity

I like all Billco's releases but those 3 are all time greats
>>
NINETEEN
>>
>>65814712
how can you think this? i know everyone has their opinions but mellon collie was full of really mediocre songs
>>
>>65818723
Siamese Dream
>>
>>65814712
Holy fuck, even if you think this album is all right, there were plenty of other bands in the 90s that were great.
>>
>>65819041
I think Adore is also really underrated. It's a pretty atmospheric album.

I like the Machina albums as well, but a lot of people don't and I can get that.

>>65819274
There are only two tracks on MCIS that I sometimes skip ("Take Me Down" and "Tales of a Scorched Earth"). Everything else is really good, imo.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.