[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of The Mars Volta?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: De-Loused_in_the_Comatorium.jpg (52 KB, 313x300) Image search: [Google]
De-Loused_in_the_Comatorium.jpg
52 KB, 313x300
>>
>>65812553
fine
kinda meh
>>
>>65812553
one of my favorite bands, alot of people on /mu/ seem to like them as well
>>
Pretentious band attracting pretentious people
Not bad though
>>
L'VIA
MARIACHI SLIPKNOOOOOT
>>
>>65812553
Best modern prog band, even though they apparently didn't like to call themselves that.
>>
>>65812553
super great band, one of my all time favourites

deloused>frances>amputechture>bedlam>>>everything else
>>
Essential gotworsewitheachalbum-core
>>
wow i actually listened to this a couple of hours ago and its the first thing i see on mu. I love it. I feel like its one of the only albums I currently listen to that I also would have enjoyed when all i used to listen to was shitty post hardcore like 3-5 years ago
>>
>>65812939
Why is this always said here? They sound nothing like Slipknot
>>
awful
>>
>>65813112
by the nu-metal influence of alex newport (that worked with them in the first ep) and rick rubin on the debut
>>
>>65813112
Someone said it once like >>65813243 explained but then everyone found it funny for some stupid reason and started spamming it.

So basically a forced meme, much like the whole "Evanescence - Does /mu/ like death metal?" thing.
>>
Steven Wilson loves them, and that's say too much
>>
>>65813054
i'm so sad to read your post
i love deloused and thought that frances was ok. Amputechture bored me and haven't listened to anything else
>>
i liked deloused. inertiatic esp is one of my favorite songs
>>
>>65813989
Listen to Bedlam, you might like it more than Frances and Amputechture.
>>
>>65814009
but that's the most boring song on the album
>>
>>65812553
Great band, solid discogaphy.
>>
I think they kinda suck, far too much clutter in their music and the singer is awful IMO

I get the appeal though
>>
>>65815748
>clutter

Jesus what a fuckin pleb
>>
They are a deaf con of angora goats
>>
Peaked with Frances, I say this as someone who was a huge fan of the. Heard Deloused when I was 15 and got hooked.
I never heard anything like it and didn't understand all the flack they got for being too pretentious, Then I started to notice it around Octahedron era, after a while most of their sound didn't age well as I developed my music tastes.
Frances and Deloused are still pretty good, probably due to the production and them still being on drugs helped.
>>
Deloused = Frances > Amp > Cryptomnesia > Bedlam > Noc > Oct
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.