[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 658x370
Thoughts on him?
>>
Great performer and if he ditches the Tumblr parts of his routine he'll be gold
>>
>>65794385
That's his audience though.
>>
I like him.
He isn't great, but he is refreshing from other comedians. Better comic than musician though.
>>
>>65794323
He's a guy that's telling everyone how shitty everything is. Tumblr-esque though it may be, he's a bright guy and deserves credit for it. Shame he is probably pretty empty on the inside like the lot of us.
>>
>>65794417
That's exactly his problem.

He started this stuff when he was younger and his sense of humor appealed to a pretty immature crowd.

Now that he's matured, he has these incredible acts that critique comedy as a medium, and challenges people's ideas on a lot of different subjects, but he also has to cater to this old school crowd and it muddies up his act.
>>
>>65794686
He's absolutely empty. He's generally pretty honest about that.
>>
Mister Redditâ„¢ Boy incarnate.

Offensively unfunny.
>>
>>65794323
One of my favorite working comedians.

>>65795203
Sometimes reddit liking a thing doesn't make it bad by default. This is one of those cases.
>>
>>65795203
He's far smarter than Reddit. He mixes in Reddit-tier humor to appeal to his original fans but a lot of those bits have a much deeper twist to them. As ridiculous as it might seem, his work is very dense and works on a lot of different levels.
>>
>>65794323
I really can't get into his stuff. He's obviously talented and writes interesting material, but I just can't enjoy that type of comedy/singing, don't know why.
>>
Has anyone watched Make Happy yet? His take on country music is great. He also did his own version of Kanye's Runaway.
>>
>>65795474
I watched it a few days ago. I didn't love it as much as what, but I've watched what dozens of times, so that's still extremely high praise.

If this is his last show, it's an incredible one to end on. In the handful of years he's worked professionally he's already proven to be more talented and intelligent than almost any other working comedian, so hats off. Dude's got nothing else to prove imo.
>>
Poor man's Tom Lehrer
>>
>>65795508
Well said.
>>
Not the biggest fan, but I appreciate his work. Generally pretty clever, more interesting than most comedians nowadays
>>
I like that he can make dumb people like myself feel smarter by talking about smart people things
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.