[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fucking hipsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 299x168
IS THERE a word for the music that's been popular in the mainstream since like 2013 or so and won't FUCKING go away, ESPECIALLY in online advertising and TV commercials? You know what I'm talking about. That vaguely indie hipster sounding twee fucking garbage with the strum my acoustic guitars, glockenspiels and sometime some breathy baby-voiced woman with some kind of mental illness that allows her to sing only about whimsy and mean boyfriends? I can't put my finger on what this shit actually is called, but I demand that there be an explanation for this shit. Also, similar but not exactly the same, Gregory and the Hawk, Owl City, and -ugh- Purity Ring. I swear to god if I ever hear my girlfriend play that crooning child talk about how alone she feels or how cozy she feels nestled in her boyfriend's big arms I will kill myself.
>>
it's called bernie-core
>>
y u mad tho
>>
>copypasta-bait
>image.jpg

not every day can be a good one on /mu/
>>
File: 1466362120830.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1466362120830.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>65785616
wow man you sound really upset about something
>>
>>65785616
If you don't know what it is then you can't propagate it. Let it go and move into adulthood
>>
>>65785616
Nah I remember this starting way earlier, in like 2008, when Pomplamoose did all those Hyundai commercials.
>>
>>65785616
from your description it sounds like a corporate regurgitation of the indie music that was popular in the 2000s. it's just the natural progression of culture, in like 5 years commercials will have watered down rip offs of vaporwave and trap
>>
>>65785838
This.

They're already doing watered down bro-step shit in kids cereal commercials for shits sake .
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>65785812
Holy shit I remember this
>>
Blame Feist
>>
buttindie is the word you're looking for
>>
amelie is a GOAT movie desu
>>
File: 5d6.jpg (179 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
5d6.jpg
179 KB, 1700x1700
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
>>
>>65785616
>shitting on Purity Ring
Post disregarded (although their last album was garbage)
>>
>>65786151
it was their best
>>
I think this proves that all the Modern Woman is capable of is making a statement.

Seriously, there's so few women nowadays with the drive and motivation to do something selflessly.

Pretty much every instance of female "activism" I've seen on the internet in the last year is some white girl taking some edgy picture with some edgy writing, trying to detract from the fact that she's bringing more awareness to arrogant herself than the actual issue at hand.
>>
>>65785616

amelie was a whore
>>
>>65786485
>>>/flying lotus rapethread/
>>
>>65786140
stfu faggot
>>
>>65786604
? What's this post referencing?
>>
Bernie-core
>>
>>65786705
I assumed he was referring to this thread about that girl who smashed her Flying Lotus record because of his flippant invoking of the word "rape"
>>
>>65786796
unty pasta 2bh
>>
>>65785616
unty you don't have a girlfriend
>>
I’ve finally died at the age of 70 and I didn't work a single day in my entire life.

I leached off my parents until I was about 56 and then I married the ugliest girl I could find. My father died almost immediately after this, then my sister died pretty soon after this as well.

I continued being a NEET and my ugly wife picked up a job as a textile worker. This went on until I was 62 and then I became addicted to illicit drugs and alcohol. Eventually I died when I was 70.

I was a completely useless, a thief, a drug addict, and I didn't work a single day in those 70 years
>>
>>65786916
What
>>
>>65785616
are you talking about those twat bands that sound recorded by mormons and amish people. and just overplay the kick drum. that cunty lummineers shit
>>
>>65785616
This style of cutesy, precious, affected music is truly obnoxious -- how about cutesycore?
>>
>>65786131
this
>>
>>65786140
(you) for you. Only because I love this pasta.
>>
You mean royalty free music?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.