[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential Early Beatles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1423536496623.jpg (130 KB, 581x480) Image search: [Google]
1423536496623.jpg
130 KB, 581x480
>Be into The Beatles since age 7
>Finally dive into their early work
>Slightly better than "Formula" early Beach Boys
>Not sure which of their early albums to buy

Should I pick up Please, Please Me, With The Beatles or Beatles For Sale?

Also can you own too many Beatles albums?
>>
don't let the vehement beatles fans fool you, the beatles' early albums are just above average for 60s pop music. they're all worth listening to. best of the three you listed is Please Please Me but A Hard Day's Night is better than all of them
>>
Beatles for sale is garbage

Please Please Me, With the Beatles, and a Hard Days Night are all you need. Get Help if you reallllly want it
>>
Call me a madman but... Beatles for Sale is my favorite of those 3.

Also you can never have enough Beatles in your music collection!
>>
>>65780203
I'm pretty sure beatles album get consistenly re-released so you could get all three for little $$$$
>>
>>65780339
For Sale has some of their best early originals. It starts off with a huge 1-2-3 punch, Eight Days A Week is legendary, and What You're Doing is great too.
>>
File: Lookhereyoudumbslut.png (620 KB, 651x2881) Image search: [Google]
Lookhereyoudumbslut.png
620 KB, 651x2881
in retrospect, did i go too far?
>>
>>65780414
No, I did the same thing when I was younger.
>>
>>65780203
Meet the Beatles > With the Beatles
Please please me is vastly overrated but you should get it
Beatles for sale is worth getting
A Hard Days Night and Help are essentials
>>
Please, Please Me > Beatles For Sale > With The Beatles
>>
>>65780414
the defener we dont deserve
>>
Actually early Beach Boys is better
>Doo Wop vocal arrangements from Brian, Jazz and classical influences too from the start
>Chuck Berry esque influences from Carl
>Folk influences from All

On top of that, they are all better vocalists, rests besides Mike , and dennis being slightly worse than Paul

Needless to say they (both bands ) were all very talented for their age
>>
who are these semen demons?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.